printer friendly versions

Submitted by vicent on March 23, 2016

hi
I have noticed that when articles are edited to be 'books', they are capable of becoming printer friendly versions
if you click printer friendly version, the article becomes a very simple wall of text which, when you press ctrl+S, becomes a file which can be uploaded to e readers
would you consider making all the articles on libcom 'books' en masse, so that they are all capable of becoming printer friendly versions and thus easier to read as e books?

Spassmaschine

8 years 1 month ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by Spassmaschine on March 23, 2016

I think there are drupal modules kicking about that go a step further than this and adapt the print function to convert any article to pdf or epub on the fly. Don't know about .mobi.

In the meantime, there are websites like http://fivefilters.org/kindle-it/ that do a pretty good job of converting libcom articles and sending them directly to kindle.

Steven.

8 years 1 month ago

Submitted by Steven. on March 23, 2016

Thanks, Spassmaschine. Yes we are working on a redesign of the site behind-the-scenes and will try to put something like this in.

petey

8 years 1 month ago

Submitted by petey on March 23, 2016

Spassmaschine

I think there are drupal modules kicking about that go a step further than this and adapt the print function to convert any article to pdf or epub on the fly.

The new email system at my workplace does this (PDF, not epub), tho' that hasn't to do with Drupal I'm pretty sure. But it is possible to do then.