What podcasts do you listen to?

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
Reddebrek's picture
Reddebrek
Apr 22 2019 15:00

Yeah I remember listening to their interview with Burgerville organisers, my app wasn't finding the show though so I had to do that manually.

FYI if anyone else has that problem with a show, a way to add it is to copy its RSS feed into the search/add function.

R Totale's picture
R Totale
May 21 2019 20:16

Has anyone listened to Mandatory OT? I've not got around to listening to it yet, but I was intrigued to see it was listed as "the official podcast of the West Virginia IWW" because I'm always in favour of more syndicalist/workplace-focused type podcasts, and WV is certainly a state that's seen some interesting stuff happen recently, but on clicking around to try and find an episode to start with I see that they seem to have done a two-part series examining Stalin's writings on dialectical materialism, which sounds like... really not what I'm looking for. Does anyone know any more about it, have any opinions, etc?

cactus9
Jun 4 2019 11:41

I listen to the Yarniacs podcast which is a knitting podcast.

Also otherppl which is an amazing podcast about writing if youre not too busy with class warfare.

I honestly only listen to history and politics podcasts when my insomnia gets really bad. There was a good one I think it was recommended on here. I can't remember the name. About the industrial revolution maybe?

Reddebrek's picture
Reddebrek
Aug 7 2019 18:33

I've been listening to 1865, its a dramatization of the aftermath of Lincoln's assassination and the political struggles within the Union now he's gone. Its acting is very good, all the actors have distinct voices and quirks to help you keep track.

And for history buffs each episode comes with a behind the scenes episode where the creators talk about the production and the events. They give more details about the people and also explain what they changed or had to guess at for the show.

https://1865podcast.com/about/

R Totale's picture
R Totale
Aug 7 2019 18:55

More in the "wobbly podcasts I haven't got around to listening to yet" column: Richmond IWW have a new one, Workers' Power Hour, which will hopefully turn out to be less, uh, Stalin-y than their fellow workers to the west: https://soundcloud.com/user-799352249