Anarchism/libertarian communism in Oslo?

Submitted by altarego on April 2, 2016

Hi,

Does anyone know any anarchist or other libertarian communist organisations in Oslo that I can get in touch with?

syndicalistcat

8 years ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by syndicalistcat on April 2, 2016

does Motmakt still exist?

seems so. here is their website:

https://www.motmakt.no/

Khawaga

8 years ago

Submitted by Khawaga on April 2, 2016

Yes, they still exist. altarego, if you want me to put you in touch with some individuals from Motmakt, please PM me. Though I am sure that if you just send them a message on FB they'll be happy to meet up with you.

There used to be an anarchist bookstore in Oslo, but I am pretty sure that it got shut down a long time ago. For the life of me I can't remember what it was called, but I think some of the folks behind that infoshop were also the ones publishing the anarchist Gateavisa.

altarego

8 years ago

Submitted by altarego on April 3, 2016

Thanks, syndicalistcat and Khawaga, Motmakt looks great.

Felix Frost

8 years ago

Submitted by Felix Frost on April 3, 2016

Motmakt is still active, and is holding regular public events. The next one is this coming Wednesday - see www.facebook.com/events/1680688525532530 for more information.

There is also a small Norwegian section of the IWA which have a website at www.nsf-iaa.org.

The building that housed Gateavisa and the anarchist bookshop was badly damaged in a fire two years ago, and have been closed since. It's being renovated, but I think it will still take some time before they can reopen.

altarego

8 years ago

Submitted by altarego on April 3, 2016

Looks like a good event, unfortunately I'm not in Norway til the end of April but I hope they have another one while I'm there.

Gulai Polye

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Gulai Polye on May 24, 2016

Blitz right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1rLyA-XyTc