Collective bargaining agreement

Submitted by Ragnar on February 4, 2016

Salud!

Recently that I live in the UK and I can not find my labour sector collective bargaining agreement, hospitality. Also I would well know where to refer others if they exist (figuration, graphic design,...)

Thanks

fingers malone

8 years 2 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by fingers malone on February 4, 2016

We don't have them. Sorry. There are rules that cover all workers such as minimum wage and maximum number of working hours. My organisations produces a migrants guide I can send you if you like. Also there is a group called Brighton Hospitality who are worth getting in touch with even if you don't live in Brighton, they are doing a lot of work around collective struggles in hospitality.

Steven.

8 years 2 months ago

Submitted by Steven. on February 4, 2016

Ragnar

Salud!

Recently that I live in the UK and I can not find my labour sector collective bargaining agreement, hospitality. Also I would well know where to refer others if they exist (figuration, graphic design,...)

Thanks

Hi, there isn't a collective bargaining agreement for the sector as such that I'm aware of. Although there may well be collective agreements for your particular employer.

Easiest way to check would be to contact the relevant union. You can see if there is a recognised union at your employer using this TUC (Trades Union Congress) website: www.worksmart.org.uk

but in general the hospitality sector in the UK is very poorly organised, but there are recent efforts to change this, like the above group in Brighton, so do consider getting involved!

Ragnar

8 years ago

Submitted by Ragnar on April 6, 2016

I didn't see this, thank you for the information. I'm learning about labor law and methods of Union struggle in the UK

Steven.

8 years ago

Submitted by Steven. on April 6, 2016

Ragnar

I didn't see this, thank you for the information. I'm learning about labor law and methods of Union struggle in the UK

no problem, that's great. Feel free to ask any questions in here!