Suggestions for a solidarity network poster ?

Submitted by vicent on October 11, 2016

Can anyone suggest a good graphic and slogan to accompany the details of my local solnet?

I quite like this one; http://www.creativeresistance.org/we-are-the-city-we-can-shut-it-down/
But perhaps it's a bit cliche

Cheers!

jondwhite

7 years 6 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by jondwhite on October 11, 2016

Someone smiling.

jura

7 years 6 months ago

Submitted by jura on October 11, 2016

Just don't use the one with the big fish and lots of small fish in the shape of a big fish.

Sike

7 years 6 months ago

Submitted by Sike on October 11, 2016

No offence, but I don't like it, meaning the "shut it down" poster on that site you linked to. In my view, slogans like that assume that most people know what you mean by "shutting it down". Unless there is already a fairly high level of class-consciousness existing wherever it is you have your solnet and people are already making their own attempts to "shut down the city" (Think Ferguson, or maybe Fresno) then I think that most people, beyond the usual suspects (lefty activists), won't know what the heck you mean with slogans like that.

Also, sometimes less is more, especially if you may not know the mood or tastes of the people that you intend to reach out to, this of course assumes that you don't, and If it were me, I would pretty much dispense with the prefab slogans; that is unless they were already popular locally among 'regular' working-class folks, and instead find someone artistically inclined to make a custom poster; a professional looking poster that is neither bland nor overly gaudy preferably, advertising your organization, perhaps with your basic principals displayed someplace on the poster to give the unaware some idea of what your all about.

But this, of course, is just like my opinion, as the Dude might be inclined to say.

Rob Ray

7 years 6 months ago

Submitted by Rob Ray on October 11, 2016

If you're looking for ideas:

https://www.facebook.com/TheArtOfAnarchy/?fref=ts

blarg

7 years 6 months ago

Submitted by blarg on October 11, 2016

What's the purpose of the poster?