That’s not how that [communization] shit works…

102 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tom Henry
Jul 12 2017 22:35

Also, is your persistent use of insult and swear words part of a tactic to pressure and distract people by intimidation? Where did you learn this? It's quite clever.

S. Artesian
Jul 12 2017 22:49

See previous comment

Zanthorus's picture
Zanthorus
Jul 13 2017 00:29
Tom Henry wrote:
I am honestly unfamiliar with these texts and theories.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

But if it isn't I think it's pretty bad faith to enter into a discussion of 'Leninism' without even a cursory background knowledge.

Tom Henry
Jul 13 2017 00:36

Just answer the questions I put. As I said I am not familiar (without revisiting) - and you can cut to the chase.

Come on this is easy for you.

zugzwang
Jul 13 2017 15:52
Zanthorus wrote:
Tom Henry wrote:
I am honestly unfamiliar with these texts and theories.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

But if it isn't I think it's pretty bad faith to enter into a discussion of 'Leninism' without even a cursory background knowledge.

I don't pretend to have read everything (and do you really need to have read every scribble of Lenin to draw some conclusions from the Russian civil war and the actions the Bolsheviks took?) and I still need to get around to reading him. I've done more indirect reading of Lenin and from what I've gathered the "official anarchist line" seems to be that Lenin and the Bolsheviks basically lied with slogans like "all power to the soviets" and were more interested in seizing power than freeing the working class.

I'm curious how you would respond to this official (as it seems to be repeated) anarchist line as represented by passages like these:

Quote:
During the Spring and Summer, when Lenin's goal was to topple the Provisional Government, he had joined forces with the anarchists -- particularly the Anarcho-Syndicalists -- in support of the factory committees and workers' control. Now that the Bolshevik revolution had been secured, he abandoned the forces of destruction for those of centralization and order, siding with the trade unionist advocates of state control.

Quote:
Together with their opposition to the Constituent Assembly the Bolsheviki borrowed from the anarchist arsenal a number of other militant tactics. Thus they proclaimed the great war cry, "All power to the Soviets," advised the workers to ignore and even defy the Provisional Government and to resort to direct mass action to carry out their demands. At the same time they also adopted the anarchist methods of the general strike and energetically agitated for the "expropriation of the expropriators."

It is important to keep in mind that these tactics of the Bolsheviki were not, as I have already pointed out, the logical outcome of their ideas, but only a means of gaining the confidence of the masses with the object of achieving political domination. Indeed, those methods were really opposed to Marxist theories and were not believed in by the Bolsheviki. It was therefore not surprising that, once in power, they repudiated all those anti-Marxist ideas and tactics.

The anarchist mottoes proclaimed by the Bolsheviki did not fail to bring results. The masses rallied to their flag. From a Party with almost no influence, with its main leaders, Lenin and Zinoviev, discredited and hiding, with Trotsky and others in prison, they quickly became the most important factor in the movement of the revolutionary proletariat. ...

S. Artesian
Jul 14 2017 23:01

Removed in protest of Libcom's policy allowing texts by admitted racists.

Tom Henry
Jul 13 2017 03:36

Are you afraid to put your views and perspectives out in the open?

I won't bite - it is not you I am interested in, merely the arguments you have. Which are not clear to me at all beyond appearing to be representative of leftism.

Clarify things. Don't be afraid. If you are unable to do this on account of not knowing how, then just say.

As I said before, all your name-calling just looks like bluster to hide behind.

S. Artesian
Jul 14 2017 23:02

S. Artesian
Jul 14 2017 23:02

Nymphalis Antiopa
Jul 13 2017 06:45

communisation does not move in mysterious ways: http://dialectical-delinquents.com/articles/war-politics/communisation-does-not-move-in-mysterious-ways-june-2015/

Zanthorus's picture
Zanthorus
Jul 16 2017 18:55
Zugzwang wrote:
do you really need to have read every scribble of Lenin to draw some conclusions from the Russian civil war and the actions the Bolsheviks took?

No,but I feel anyone who hung around lefty political discussions for a while should know what permanent revolution means.