As wildcats erupt across the UK, the royalmailchat.co.uk forum has obtained a copy of Royal Mail's battle plans for the current negotiations with the CWU.
The document, a powerpoint presentation sent to general managers shortly after further strikes were announced in September, outlines Royal Mail's endgames for the talks. It includes a whole range of measures which postal workers said today would destroy the postal service if brought in.
- No more negotiations with the CWU on every subject at every level
- No more payments for change
- Flexibilised hours and teamworking
- Shift changes at a moment's notice and annualised hours
- Later start times - the cause of today's unofficial action, part of "Network 2007"
- Changes to the pension scheme (the end of final salary pensions)
Read the whole thing on: