Noah Fence and factvalue

104 posts / 0 new
Last post
S. Artesian
Oct 1 2016 22:04
Noah Fence and factvalue

Oppose the banning of NF and fv. Chicken-shit reasons for the admins actions, and that's being charitable.

SA

commieprincess's picture
commieprincess
Oct 1 2016 23:43

This is so utterly ridiculous.

I'm amazed admins have been as patient as they have with fact value. S/he repeatedly flouts posting guidelines, is warned about it, and then carries on doing it. I can't believe the anti-semitic shit s/he posted without any apology or explanation, despite Ed, jesuithitsquad and radicalgraffiti doing a sterling job pointing out and breaking down just how beyond out of order her/his comments were.

I personally think FV should bloody well apologise for that shit and agree not to be a completely belligerent arsehole any time a) someone disagrees with them, and b) someone points out that their comments might be racist/sexist etc as a prerequisite for being allowed to post on the site.

But, ya know, no strong feelings either way and that...

jesuithitsquad's picture
jesuithitsquad
Oct 2 2016 03:40

Thank god we have a new thread about factvalue in the feedback forum. It's been a whole 24 hours since anyone has posted in the other one.

Sadly, there are only 3 threads by or about factvalue on the entire front page of the feedback forum. In such times as these the international proletariat needs to know about the tribulations of working class hero, factvalue. S Artesian has done their part; who else here will carry the torch?

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Oct 2 2016 11:10

Glad they're banned, been refusing to respond to their behaviour for a while now.

Noah's "I admit I'm an arsehole but everyone is one too and won't admit it" schtick is very tiresome and he uses it to justify endless attention-seeking behaviour and some nasty aggressive stuff.

Factvalue seems to have read the graphic someone posted a while back, I think it was trolling/debating in bad faith and thought it was a how-to guide.

S. Artesian
Oct 2 2016 14:33
jesuithitsquad wrote:
Thank god we have a new thread about factvalue in the feedback forum. It's been a whole 24 hours since anyone has posted in the other one.

Sadly, there are only 3 threads by or about factvalue on the entire front page of the feedback forum. In such times as these the international proletariat needs to know about the tribulations of working class hero, factvalue. S Artesian has done their part; who else here will carry the torch?

What is your problem? The admins state if you want to discuss/protest the banning... go the feedback forum. That's what I did.

In the immortal words of third officer Ripley inAlien, "Why don't you just @#$% off?"

radicalgraffiti
Oct 2 2016 14:35

i don't recall the admins saying "everyone has to agree with whoever starts the thread"

S. Artesian
Oct 2 2016 15:27

Not to put too fine a point on it RG, I'm not objecting to disagreement. I was responding to the resident Jesuit who wrote:

Quote:

in essence arguing, that there should be no discussion. If I'm wasting the Jesuit's time available for devotion, there's no force compelling him/her to participate

You might notice, I'm not bothered by cp's comment, or jeff's, but our holy roller's. Probably not.

Details, details, details.

Fleur
Oct 2 2016 15:44

S.E. wrote:

Quote:
in essence arguing, that there should be no discussion.

It seems like the logical place for discussion is here -

http://libcom.org/forums/general/topic-discussions-began-micro-aggression-thread-20092016

a thread which is already largely about factvalue's and Noah's behaviour on this site. Having derailed and effectively shut down the micro-aggressions thread not once but twice, a third thread in the feedback forum about Factvalue and Noah seems a bit excessive. I mean, how much more fucking time is about to be wasted talking about wasting time?

As for the posters' behaviour, I doubt if any resolution will be reached with people who take the moral high ground about being rude and beligerant.

jesuithitsquad's picture
jesuithitsquad
Oct 2 2016 15:46
Fleur wrote:
S.E. wrote:
Quote:
in essence arguing, that there should be no discussion.

It seems like the logical place for discussion is here -

http://libcom.org/forums/general/topic-discussions-began-micro-aggression-thread-20092016

a thread which is already largely about factvalue's and Noah's behaviour on this site. Having derailed and effectively shut down the micro-aggressions thread not once but twice, a third thread in the feedback forum about Factvalue and Noah seems a bit excessive. I mean, how much more fucking time is about to be wasted talking about wasting time?

As for the posters' behaviour, I doubt if any resolution will be reached with people who take the moral high ground about being rude and beligerant.

exactly.

S. Artesian
Oct 2 2016 15:49

So why are you wasting your time? Why are you here?

Fleur
Oct 2 2016 15:54

Good fucking question.

S. Artesian
Oct 2 2016 16:01

Exactly.

S. Artesian
Oct 2 2016 16:02

Duplicate post.

Fleur
Oct 2 2016 16:10

I really have wasted far too much time arguing with people who won't discuss in good faith and then fling insults and personal jibes and all round aggressive behaviour when people don't agree with them, while at the same time whining about being bullied by dumb groupthinking sheeple.

Ban them, don't ban them, I don't give a flying fuck. I just refuse to interact with them in any way at all when they come back. Simply not worth my time.

jesuithitsquad's picture
jesuithitsquad
Oct 2 2016 16:18

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I'm here to know Noah's fate. If he is perm-banned I'll never get to hear another story about Pete, he of the breakfast story fame. And that, in and of itself, would be a clear crime against all humanity.

S. Artesian
Oct 2 2016 17:26

He's facing bigger issues than that, and I'm sure you'll find another source of entertainment.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Oct 2 2016 18:43

Oh come off it, Artesian.

S. Artesian
Oct 2 2016 23:00

Come off what, Khawaga? Opposing the banning of fv and Noah? Or suggesting that Noah, who has liver disease has more important things to do than provide entertainment for Jesuit?

Speak clearly and precisely. Assume nothing.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Oct 3 2016 00:53

Your deliberate mis-interpretation of other people's posts so you can do your grumpy old man schtick.

jesuithitsquad's picture
jesuithitsquad
Oct 3 2016 02:03

Ok SA, your turn now. Please speak clearly and precisely.

(1) Is the behavior the two were banned for against the posting guidelines?

(2) Were they warned and given a fair opportunity to change the behavior?

(3) Specifically, why are you opposed to the ban?

(4) Precisely, what is less charitable than "chicken shit?"

(5) Are you aware this thread, in and of itself, is likely against the posting guidelines?

Quote:
Please only query moderation decisions, using the feedback forum, if they do not appear to conform to this policy, not just because you don't agree with them.

Details--I thought you were a big fan? Hopefully, admins are feeling, er...charitable.

S. Artesian
Oct 3 2016 02:36
Khawaga wrote:
Your deliberate mis-interpretation of other people's posts so you can do your grumpy old man schtick.

Which post was deliberately misinterpreted.

S. Artesian
Oct 3 2016 02:54
jesuithitsquad wrote:
Ok SA, your turn now. Please speak clearly and precisely.

(1) Is the behavior the two were banned for against the posting guidelines?

(2) Were they warned and given a fair opportunity to change the behavior?

(3) Specifically, why are you opposed to the ban?

(4) Precisely, what is less charitable than "chicken shit?"

(5) Are you aware this thread, in and of itself, is likely against the posting guidelines?

Quote:
Please only query moderation decisions, using the feedback forum, if they do not appear to conform to this policy, not just because you don't agree with them.

Details--I thought you were a big fan? Hopefully, admins are feeling, er...charitable.

Question 5 answered by reference to post 127 in previous thread:

Quote:
If you want to discuss admin decisions, please go to the comment and feedback forum

. Objections? Take it up with the Admin.

Now to Khawaga and others-- I simply followed those instructions to register objections to the admins decision. That's all. Nobody had to respond-- couldn't care less who agrees or disagrees with me. But our Jesuit doesn't even think it's proper to register the disagreement. That's what I object to. That's all.

He thinks it's a waste of time? Then what the fuck is he doing wasting his time on the thread. Nobody's holding a fucking gun to his head.

I don't know why he bothers, and could care less, and I have no intention of answering his little Miss Manners Guide to Being a GoodSportLibcomer.

It's bullshit, chickenshit, whatever shit you want. NF and FV were no more offensive than our resident Jesuit or anybody else.

That's it. Makes me a grumpy old man? Big fucking deal. I've been called worse things, and by better people.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Oct 3 2016 03:19
Quote:
Which post was deliberately misinterpreted.

Jesuit's posts. It seems that everyone but you got what he was saying. I've seen you do this with other people you clearly dislike; you just don't bother reading their posts generously, instead finding the interpretation that suits your already established negative impression of that poster.

Quote:
Now to Khawaga and others-- I simply followed those instructions to register objections to the admins decision. That's all. Nobody had to respond-- couldn't care less who agrees or disagrees with me. But our Jesuit doesn't even think it's proper to register the disagreement. That's what I object to. That's all.

He thinks it's a waste of time? Then what the fuck is he doing wasting his time on the thread. Nobody's holding a fucking gun to his head.

I don't know why he bothers, and could care less, and I have no intention of answering his little Miss Manners Guide to Being a GoodSportLibcomer.

It's bullshit, chickenshit, whatever shit you want. NF and FV were no more offensive than our resident Jesuit or anybody else

That's it. Makes me a grumpy old man? Big fucking deal. I've been called worse things, and by better people.

None of that makes you a grumpy old man. What you posted in response to jesuit was.

But, you going again, with the "better people" and "worse things" comment again is part of the grumpy old man shtick. Now, I have no idea if I am a better person than those that have called you worse things, but "grumpy old man" fits the bill of your behaviour on this thread and others because what else would I call something so mundane as being needlessly angry on an internet message board?

S. Artesian
Oct 3 2016 03:32

Misinterpret? Bullshit. On this thread Jesuit is essentially trolling.

jesuithitsquad's picture
jesuithitsquad
Oct 3 2016 04:59

Interesting edit choice on that quote there SA. Seems you've left a sentence off there at the end. Here's that full quote.

Quote:
If you want to discuss admin decisions, please go to the comment and feedback forum. There is already a thread to discuss off-topic comments on this thread.

Here are the answers to the 1st two questions.

(1)yes it is against posting guidelines
(2)yes they were warned

As for this--

Quote:
But our Jesuit doesn't even think it's proper to register the disagreement. That's what I object to. That's all.

Waste of time and no discussion are your words. You can keep repeating them ad infintum if you like, but no matter how many times you do, I never said either of those things. Take a breath and then reread the thread. My initial post on the topic was mocking the absurdity of starting yet another thread about it. How many 'meta' threads does one poster need?

As far as the 'misinterpret' thing goes--you're not as dense as you act on the internet, so you clearly know I wasn't referring to Noah's health issues. But since you cannot/will not back up your opinions, you thought you might shut it down with an appeal to emotion.

Mr. Jolly's picture
Mr. Jolly
Oct 3 2016 07:01

Folks, great that we have created a safter space here for folks and folks. They were very triggering.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Oct 3 2016 10:36
Quote:
Misinterpret? Bullshit. On this thread Jesuit is essentially trolling.

Again, deliberate misinterpretation to suit what you already think of the poster. If he is trolling here, well, then you can definitively say that quite a bit of what FV and Noah were posting in that thread, in particular the second time (which got them banned), was a clear case of trolling. What? You don't have a sense of objectivity?

Ed's picture
Ed
Oct 3 2016 15:21

Having discussed this amongst the admins, we have decided to make factvalue's ban permanent. He has been warned about his habitual derailing on numerous threads, as well as on the Micro-aggressions one where after being warned he then posted a link to a video of a children's TV show from the 1950s, initiating nostalgic reminiscences in complete disregard of the warning.

Noah's ban will remain temporary as he has contributed more constructively to libcom in the past. He'll be unblocked tomorrow.

In response to Mr Jolly (as there's little point discussing anything with S Artesian): the bans have nothing to do with any 'triggering' behaviour but with repeatedly flouting the rules of the site (i.e. constant derailments), as is fairly self-evident from the description above. If you think a youtube video of Andy Pandy adds anything of value to a discussion on racism then feel free to explain..

S. Artesian
Oct 3 2016 17:45

Don't you think you're letting him off too easy, with just a permanent banning? Maybe you can have him arrested or something; or hack his bank account, if he has one.

Good job, Ed. There's a bright future ahead of you as a hallway monitor in elementary school.

And Jesuit, he can lead the Mao Memorial Criticism, Self-Criticism, and Chance to Change Unacceptable Behavior Circles.

Everybody attends, right?

jesuithitsquad's picture
jesuithitsquad
Oct 3 2016 18:02
Quote:

And Jesuit, he can lead the Mao Memorial Criticism, Self-Criticism, and Chance to Change Unacceptable Behavior Circles.

Everybody attends, right?

tbf, this is actually funny

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Oct 3 2016 18:35

Nice to hear Noah's coming back. I know he's a bit of a bell sometimes, but let he or she who has never been a bit of a bellend at some time or another cast the first stone.

Well rid of that other lad though - his borderline jew-baiting put me right off him. Yeah, I know some of you will say he wasn't really anti-semitic but I reckon you're suspending your disbelief a bit too much there. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then odds on it's a duck. Mind you, I'm told he's a nice enough chap in person. Internet eh.