Black Flag relaunched

Submitted by Anarcho on March 18, 2021

Black Flag is back! Fifty years after first appearing, it has been relaunched as an on-line journal. This incarnation will be (at least) a bi-annual journal following in the footsteps Cienfuegos Press Anarchist Review and can be found here:

http://www.blackflag.org.uk

Black Flag: Anarchist Review will be a collection of new translations, rare articles and reprints of the best libertarian articles and reviews, whether modern or old. This issue includes a commemoration of Peter Kropotkin (including 8 rare or newly translated articles), an analyis of the Kronstadt revolt as the end of the Bolshevik Myth (including Ante Ciliga's rightly famous 1938 article on the rebellion), the lessons of the Paris Commune (6 newly translated declarations, appeals, articles and speeches from the revolt) and two newly translated articles by Eugène Varlin, the martyred Internationalist and Communard. We also mark the passing of Stuart Christie, David Graeber and Ken Weller

The journal retains the same class struggle anarchist persective the paper always had and aims to present a mixture of articles on current struggles and libertarian history. This first issue will have more of an emphasis on the latter than the former, although we we hope this mix will change in future issues. If you think that mix should change, then get involved. We are open to articles from the class struggle anarchist tradition (whether syndicalist or not) or those close to it.

R Totale

3 years 1 month ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by R Totale on March 18, 2021

Nice!

Fozzie

3 years 1 month ago

Submitted by Fozzie on March 18, 2021

Looks interesting!

Thanks for linking to the back issues here. If anyone has copies of missing ones I would be happy to scan them and return them.

doug

3 years 1 month ago

Submitted by doug on March 19, 2021

So glad to see this! Look forward to reading the spring issue.

swaminetero

2 years 12 months ago

Submitted by swaminetero on April 30, 2021

based and blackpilled

Fozzie

2 years 12 months ago

Submitted by Fozzie on May 1, 2021

Libcom isn't listed as a "friend and comrade" on the new Black Flag site, despite there being about a hundred links from there to here on their archives page. :-(

Harsh burn.

Steven.

2 years 12 months ago

Submitted by Steven. on May 1, 2021

Fozzie

Libcom isn't listed as a "friend and comrade" on the new Black Flag site, despite there being about a hundred links from there to here on their archives page. :-(

Harsh burn.

That does seem harsh. I wonder if it might be because Anarcho, to my recollection, has got involved in some arguments in the libcom comments section, which they may hold us in some way responsible for…

Fozzie

2 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Fozzie on May 1, 2021

I wondered about that. This place is pretty sedate and comradely now compared to yesteryear...