About guides and intro's

Submitted by Reddebrek on April 8, 2014

Sometimes when I get into arguments on the internet or chat with someone genuinely curious I find it useful to link to some of the introductions and reading guides here. However I find it a bit tricky to find at first. Since there supposed to be introductions and guides I think it might be a good idea to directly link to them from the main page, (assuming I'm not missing it).

vicent

9 years 11 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by vicent on April 8, 2014

They are,

About
libcom.org is a resource for all people who wish to fight to improve their lives, their communities and their working conditions.
Read more | Introductory guides

but I agree they should be made much more visible, I didnt see them for several months!

Steven.

9 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Steven. on April 8, 2014

Yeah, they are linked to from the front page for logged in users. For non-logged in users they are linked to from that box which displays on every page

Chilli Sauce

9 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Chilli Sauce on April 8, 2014

For non-logged in users they are linked to from that box which displays on every page

Are they? I just logged out and had a look and I'm not sure I'm seeing it?

jondwhite

4 years 4 months ago

Submitted by jondwhite on November 21, 2019

Could the reading guides at https://libcom.org/library/libcomorg-reading-guide be linked in the header where it says blog, news, library, history, gallery, organise and forums?

Steven.

4 years 4 months ago

Submitted by Steven. on November 21, 2019

jondwhite

Could the reading guides at https://libcom.org/library/libcomorg-reading-guide be linked in the header where it says blog, news, library, history, gallery, organise and forums?

That's a good idea. In the redesign we will be eliminating the difference between different categories like blog/news/library/history/gallery, as the differences between them are pretty arbitrary. So we could look at having some sort of top level navigation to the reading guides in the same way we do the Organise section. Thanks for the suggestion