Can you help back up Japanese translation of the anarchist FAQ?

Submitted by Steven. on March 19, 2017

I saw there is a Japanese language translation of much of the anarchist FAQ. However it is hosted on a really old website and hasn't been updated in years so I think there is a real worry it may be lost at some point.

Would anyone be able to help us copy it over to our Japanese language section? I have made a start here: http://libcom.org/library/jp-anarchist-faq

basically it's pretty straightforward, a bit of copying and pasting mostly.

Although one thing which would make it easier would be being able to copy the HTML directly, however because the website is made with Frames I can't see how to do that. Anyone know a way around it?

Steven.

7 years 1 month ago

In reply to by libcom.org

For reference the original is here: http://www.ne.jp/asahi/anarchy/anarchy/faq/

darren p

7 years 1 month ago

Submitted by darren p on March 19, 2017

Tried downloading it all via shell?

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/downloading-entire-web-site-wget

If not I could give it a go..

Steven.

7 years 1 month ago

I haven't but not sure that would be helpful as we don't want the whole website, just the anarchist FAQ.

I mean maybe it would be good to duplicate anything else on the website but not sure what it's about or what quality it is. But yeah I guess if you could have a go that would be good

mr.dub

7 years 1 month ago

Submitted by mr.dub on March 19, 2017

I'll see if I can figure out an easy way to back it up. Maybe just HTTrack it or something. Might could find a way to mirror it on my site even.

Steven.

7 years 1 month ago

mr.dub

I'll see if I can figure out an easy way to back it up. Maybe just HTTrack it or something. Might could find a way to mirror it on my site even.

Hi, the main thing we want to do is just copy it all onto libcom. So in addition to being on our site, in a worse case scenario it will still be kept online in perpetuity by the British Library which backs up libcom.

mr.dub

7 years 1 month ago

Submitted by mr.dub on March 19, 2017

Ah, ok. I am new to the site (just registered!) -- is there a tutorial or other resource on uploading to libcom? Any help is much appreciated!

Steven.

7 years 1 month ago

mr.dub

Ah, ok. I am new to the site (just registered!) -- is there a tutorial or other resource on uploading to libcom? Any help is much appreciated!

thanks very much for registering and for your interest in helping out!

Basically we have a quick how-to guide here: http://libcom.org/library/notes/content-guidelines/howto-article-submissions

For this bit of work it will be a bit more straightforward as I have already set up an entry for the Japanese anarchist FAQ, linked above. So to add a subsection (like A .2), go to Section A (http://libcom.org/library/%E3%82%BB%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3-%E3%82%A2%E3%83%8A%E3%82%AD%E3%82%BA%E3%83%A0%E3%81%A8%E3%81%AF%E4%BD%95%E3%81%8B%EF%BC%9F) and click "Add child page", then paste in the Japanese language text. I haven't bothered preserving the hyperlinks as they will be different on this site, but it would be good to include the block quote code, for which you can use HTML (if you don't know how to do block quotes in HTML let me know)

what I also did was add a PDF. So for each section of the Japanese one in chrome I clicked "print" then "Save to PDF", and have attached the PDF of each section to the File attachments section.

Sorry if any of this is unclear, any questions please just ask!

Steven.

7 years 1 month ago

Submitted by Steven. on March 21, 2017

Well, haven't heard back from anyone so I have backed everything up in PDF format. However would be great to have the text on here. Have worked out really easy way to do it, you can just click on the relevant section of the original Japanese FAQ and click "open in new tab", then you can right click, View Source, and copy the HTML code directly onto libcom.

However unfortunately I don't have time to do this so if anyone could it would be much appreciated. I have created all the subsections already so all you have to do is go to the relevant subsection and click Add child page

mr.dub

7 years ago

Submitted by mr.dub on March 22, 2017

Steven, thank you very much for the assistance! I have HTTracked the entire Japanese AFAQ, SO I have it as HTML code as well. I should be able to upload a fair amount of it to libcom this weekend. Thanks!

Steven.

7 years ago

Submitted by Steven. on March 22, 2017

mr.dub

Steven, thank you very much for the assistance! I have HTTracked the entire Japanese AFAQ, SO I have it as HTML code as well. I should be able to upload a fair amount of it to libcom this weekend. Thanks!

that's fantastic, thanks!