Barry Pateman/Kate Sharpley Library interview

Submitted by R Totale on April 28, 2020

For anyone who wants to hear a lengthy interview with Barry Pateman of the Kate Sharpley Library, the Final Straw just did one you can listen to here. "We talk about anarchist history, community, repression, defeat, insularity, popular front with authoritarian Marxists, class analysis and how to beat back capitalism." The same show also did an in-depth pair of interviews with Donald Rooum shortly before his death a while back.

sabot

3 years 11 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by sabot on April 28, 2020

Thanks for the post. Always love listening to Barry.

R Totale

3 years 11 months ago

Submitted by R Totale on April 28, 2020

Also just to mention that if any comrades of a similar age/generation to Barry, or indeed to Donald Rooum, are reading this and would like to do an interview about their experiences and memories of the anarchist movement in decades past, I imagine that there's a good chance that the Final Straw might well be keen to do it if you feel like getting in touch with them.

Kate Sharpley

3 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Kate Sharpley on April 30, 2020

Thank you for the link!

R Totale

3 years 11 months ago

Submitted by R Totale on April 30, 2020

It's a really good interview, there's a lot to think about there.

freemind

3 years 11 months ago

Submitted by freemind on May 1, 2020

A great and genuine comrade!I used to visit Barry when he lived in Oundle which is near where I live in Corby and it was always an education listening to him and enjoying the company of his late partner Jenny and Paul.Best wishes and well done Kate Sharpley and the great work they do.