libcom admins

Submitted by vicent on April 13, 2014

This has probably been discussed previously, but isn't the management of LibCom quite hypocritical in that it the website is run by a few more or less unaccountable people, when much content,blogs,engagement,news etc. is provided by non admins? Shouldn't there be some system put in place where regular/old posters/contributors can have a say on the functioning of this website? Perhaps through an agreed 'libcom constitution' or an election/ostracism of admins. No offence to the libcom team you guys do a great job!

Steven.

10 years ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by Steven. on April 13, 2014

How do you think it's "hypocritical"? We're a democratic collective who run our website.

In addition, we ask for user feedback on pretty much every change we make, and try to take user feedback on board to improve the site.

In terms of a system in place for users to have a say on the functioning of the site, we have a feedback and content forum for this very purpose. So I'm also going to move this discussion into the feedback and content forum.

In terms of electing the admins, do you think the people who work for AK Press should be elected?

vicent

10 years ago

Submitted by vicent on April 13, 2014

Yeah good point, this isn't meant to be a participatory cooperative thingy anyway so its not hypocritical.

Steven.

10 years ago

Submitted by Steven. on April 14, 2014

Thanks. In addition, as Jim mentions, people can join the collective to help run the site, and then get an equal say in what we do (like Juan Conatz and Joseph Kay have done)

jef costello

10 years ago

Submitted by jef costello on April 21, 2014

It is completely hypocritical, and they also use it to make thousands of pounds (true fact) every single day. What's more the coding is done by low-paid overseas workers whle they watch cat videos on youtube.

Undated picture of a libcom admin.
There are also rumours that libcom sold Edward Snowden to Vladimir Putin in exchanges for shres in a Crimean holiday complex.

Noah Fence

10 years ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on April 21, 2014

All you need to know about Libcom admins is that they allow landlords to use the site. Capitalist sympathising scum!

Steven.

10 years ago

Submitted by Steven. on April 21, 2014

Webby

All you need to know about Libcom admins is that they allow landlords to use the site. Capitalist sympathising scum!

yes but only if we get a cut of their profits!

Roughneck Wobb…

10 years ago

Submitted by Roughneck Wobb… on April 22, 2014

Last time I checked, anyone can create an account on this site. Not very insular if you ask me.

Entdinglichung

9 years 12 months ago

Submitted by Entdinglichung on April 29, 2014

In other words, you rely on modern admin technology and we rely on highly conscious revolutionary Libcom users; you give full play to your superiority and we give full play to ours; you have your way of fighting and we have ours. When you want to fight us, we don’t let you and you can’t even find us. But when we want to fight you, we make sure that you can’t get away and we hit you squarely on the chin and wipe you out. When we are able to wipe you out, we do so with a vengeance; when we can’t, we see to it that you don’t wipe us out. It is opportunism if one won’t fight when one can win. It is adventurism if one insists on fighting when one can’t win. Fighting is the pivot of all our strategy and tactics. It is because of the necessity of fighting that we admit the necessity of moving away. The sole purpose of moving away is to fight and bring about the final and complete destruction of the enemy. This strategy and these tactics can be applied only when one relies on the broad masses of the Libcom users, and such application brings the superiority of Libcom users' war into full play. However superior he may be in technical equipment and whatever tricks he may resort to, the enemy will find himself in the passive position of having to receive blows, and the initiative will always be in our hands.

Entdinglichung

9 years 12 months ago

Submitted by Entdinglichung on April 29, 2014

Just look! The handful of counter-revolutionary revisionist admins are scared out of their wits and hate with a mortal hatred the great alliance of the revolutionary rebels and their seizure of power from those admins in authority who are taking the capitalist road and from those die-hard admins who persistently cling to the bourgeois reactionary line, because the seizure of power is the seizure of their life source, the seizure of their last magic weapon on which they reckoned for a “settling of accounts after the autumn harvest.” These admins indeed become panicky, fly into a rage and are seized by fits of hysteria. But the last-ditch fight of all counter-revolutionary admins helps them not at all. They are rapidly being swallowed up in the torrents of the mass movement of the revolutionary rebels‘ great alliance to struggle to seize power.

rat

5 years 11 months ago

Submitted by rat on May 23, 2018

I just had a quick search of the site, so I hope that this is an alright place to ask if libcom lists the current admins and mods?

Noah Fence

5 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on May 23, 2018

rat

I just had a quick search of the site, so I hope that this is an alright place to ask if libcom lists the current admins and mods?

You can ask but you’ll never find out their real identities. Suffice to say keep your babies away from them at dinner time and don’t be fooled by their apparent human form.

rat

5 years 11 months ago

Submitted by rat on May 23, 2018

Damn! I was hoping to find their home addresses.

Jim

5 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Jim on May 23, 2018

This is all we've got but it needs updating:

http://libcom.org/notes/about/who-are-libcom-group

I'm not sure we've even got a list of all the mods.

Noah Fence

5 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on May 23, 2018

Jim

This is all we've got but it needs updating:

http://libcom.org/notes/about/who-are-libcom-group

I'm not sure we've even got a list of all the mods.

Tried it. The penguin told me to fuck off.

Jim

5 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Jim on May 23, 2018

Ah, I guess we've unpublished it then, so we don't currently have a public list of all admins.

Khawaga

5 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Khawaga on May 23, 2018

I can see the webpage, but perhaps I can see unpublished posts due to having mod access?

Steven.

5 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Steven. on May 24, 2018

Yeah we removed that page for privacy reasons, but Khawaga you can see it because of your editor permissions

Lucky Black Cat

5 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Lucky Black Cat on May 24, 2018

jef costello

It is completely hypocritical, and they also use it to make thousands of pounds (true fact) every single day. What's more the coding is done by low-paid overseas workers whle they watch cat videos on youtube.

Undated picture of a libcom admin.
There are also rumours that libcom sold Edward Snowden to Vladimir Putin in exchanges for shres in a Crimean holiday complex.

libcommissar