CNT proposes reorganization of IWA

781 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jim
Apr 6 2016 13:14
MT wrote:
Jim wrote:
Maybe they wouldn't have done that if you hadn't tried to kick a section out?

Jim, what do you mean?

I think akai needs to accept some responsibility for this situation. While the tensions between the "unions" and the "initiatives" have existed for some time (as Congress minutes show), the breaking point which has created the current situation was the suspension of the FAU. Had that not happened I do not think the CNT would be calling for the IWA to be re-founded.

Jim
Apr 6 2016 13:19
MT wrote:
Jim wrote:
It's fairly clear from the way various posters are talking to each other on this thread that the IWA in its current form is finished. It's a shame to see an organisation which once had hundreds of thousands of workers involved tearing itself apart but I guess the IWA has had much worse thrown at in the past.

I never understood this point of view - the big, the glorious... Shouldn't we think about content not the form in the first place?

Well yes, but if we're thinking about content and not form, IWA sections used to organise insurrections, participate in revolutions, were regularly organising strikes and resistance to capital and the state, they were major parts of their respective countries workers movements. Not a lot of that content about these days. Revolutionary unionism is an ever dwindling current in the global workers movement and this needs to be addressed.

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Apr 6 2016 13:27
MT
Apr 6 2016 13:29

FAU should have been suspended long time ago and that's a fact. So I do not see much sense in your logic. Should they just do whatever they wanted?
Anyway, if you suggest that the CNT just stood up in solidarity with FAU because the secretariat did something wrong and now we are here, then I have hard time to even believing you really mean it. There were very bad developments in the CNT and FAU for a long time. With the FAU, the process was approved by the sections.

MT
Apr 6 2016 13:32
Jim wrote:
MT wrote:
Jim wrote:
It's fairly clear from the way various posters are talking to each other on this thread that the IWA in its current form is finished. It's a shame to see an organisation which once had hundreds of thousands of workers involved tearing itself apart but I guess the IWA has had much worse thrown at in the past.

I never understood this point of view - the big, the glorious... Shouldn't we think about content not the form in the first place?

Well yes, but if we're thinking about content and not form, IWA sections used to organise insurrections, participate in revolutions, were regularly organising strikes and resistance to capital and the state, they were major parts of their respective countries workers movements. Not a lot of that content about these days. Revolutionary unionism is an ever dwindling current in the global workers movement and this needs to be addressed.

Again, I don't understand. The whole working class movement is in bad shape. Why are we talking about insurrections and regular strikes (when was that that the IWA organised them, btw)? Sounds extremely idealistic to me. So, why SF is not organising regular strikes and insurrections? Because of the evil IWA? You know what I mean?

Jim
Apr 6 2016 13:34

I don't know the full story but was under the impression all the FAU had done wrong was maintain relations with the SAC and Workers Initiative in Poland. I don't think either of these things are sufficient grounds for a section to be expelled from an international.

I'm not suggesting the CNT is acting solely in solidarity with the FAU, but I think it's clear from the statement they've released that they'd rather be in an international with them than most of the eastern European sections of the IWA.

What are the bad developments in the CNT and FAU?

no1
Apr 6 2016 13:43
Jim wrote:
MT wrote:
Jim wrote:
Maybe they wouldn't have done that if you hadn't tried to kick a section out?

Jim, what do you mean?

I think akai needs to accept some responsibility for this situation. While the tensions between the "unions" and the "initiatives" have existed for some time (as Congress minutes show), the breaking point which has created the current situation was the suspension of the FAU. Had that not happened I do not think the CNT would be calling for the IWA to be re-founded.

This is a very misleading characterisation of what happened. One IWA section had been systematically ignoring IWA decisions, the IWA then decided this would no longer be tolerated, though the siutation was then left to fester for a few more years. While I have some criticisms of how this was done, the current secretariat was just carrying out a decision of the IWA.

I mean seriously, if a federation falls apart when a mandated officer carries out a decision of that organistaion, then the organisation has failed not the mandated officer.

I hope that once the various hotheads have aired their recriminations on here, that this thread will be used for an honest analysis of what went wrong and how the IWA could function better.

melenas
Apr 7 2016 08:10

Lets give some information that is important to know.

In the IWA Congress of Porto appear a group that was expelled from CNT because they made accusations with out proves. This group posted a photos in FB:

https://www.facebook.com/cnt.cadiz/photos/a.461930867279486.1073741825.4...

Akai knew perfectly this situation and didn't do any thing. Knew it because has inorganic contact with groups in Spain. Is not the only one but is the most public "mistake" of the IWA secretariat. She got very mad when in the congress of Valencia some one ask her to identify her self to be able to go in the building, now we know why.

Is not the only thing of the secretariat, there are lot of more things, like be asked to provide info and contacts in other countries and never give them (when from CNT gave a lot of information and communications of meetings and contacts), and keep secretly the contact that they have.

akai sed: "So it is really quite unfortunately that the CNT has decided to publish what it did, which not only contains major factual errors but puts pressure on us to answer this in forums such as this"

Ones again Akai doesn't understand what is CNT, doesn't understand that the decisions of CNT in congress are public, Always were and is mandatory for the CNT secretariat to make the public as is doing.

"But we certainly and emphatically will not be joining the CNT split faction and we completely denounce this way of calling for change as inorganic and usurpatory"

Didn't happen any thing yet and for you is already inorganic and usurpatory, again the same mistake, and then you are surprised why people say that you are the worst secretariat of IWA ever.

" A large statement on our moral position will be out in about a month. (After our Congress.) We promise that it will be quite to the point."

Before happens your congress you already know the result, hahahaha.

"Oliver, the source of the information is the CNT's own documents which have made quite a big circulation. The 53 unions took part in the Congress, either directly or by indirect delegation. The points passed, were passed by 50% of the CNT (from that participating) - approved by 146 votes, not approved or abstaining by 145 votes. So, 50% was reached BY 1 VOTE.

People can take a minute to think about what that means.

l wonder is Exteriores wants me to print the pie chart?"

Why do you lie? do you need to lie to defend your positions? how ever, continue with your line, son or late you will have what you wander some years a go and you posted in this forum, CNT USI and FAU out of IWA. good work.

what i do not understand is why she doesn't use the same arguments in the votes of IWA. Maybe because her own interest.

"The CNT way has been to marginalize their own members, set higher membership requirements, etc. etc. - but none of this really helps out the people in the small towns who are the most largely affected. "

Why you lie? why you lie ones again? my town 30.000 people, in 4 years more than 30 members starting from 0. we didn't take the decision to became union, we work being part of a bigger union that let as spend our energy in syndicalist action and formation. in the first months we we had the minimum of 5 people to be union but we didn't want, in the first year we had the number of members to be union with the minimum approved in the last congress, but we prefer to continue being part of the nearest union. So what you say is an other lie about the CNT reality and develop. Ones again you don't understand CNT and continue throwing your rubbish.

yes in a town of 30.000 people in 4 years we build a bigger organization than some sections that call as reformist and give as lessons of democratic organization and develop. And this town doesn't have anarchosindicalis tradition, there was only ones a union for a sort time in 1919 that´s all.

Jim
Apr 6 2016 13:57
no1 wrote:
This is a very misleading characterisation of what happened. One IWA section had been systematically ignoring IWA decisions, the IWA then decided this would no longer be tolerated, though the siutation was then left to fester for a few more years. While I have some criticisms of how this was done, the current secretariat was just carrying out a decision of the IWA.

Well as you know I've not been in SF for a couple of years so I'm not entirely up to speed with the developments within the IWA since I left.

I was under the impression there was a fair amount of discussion about a) whether or not IWA decisions were actually being ignored and b) whether or not the mandated officer in question had a mandate to suspend a section. I don't know how the CNT voted on either of these questions but I can guess and I think it's clear what happened with the FAU and within the IWA subsequently was the catalyst for the current situation.

no1 wrote:
I hope that once the various hotheads have aired their recriminations on here, that this thread will be used for an honest analysis of what went wrong and how the IWA could function better.

Agreed, but it looks like the IWA is splitting?

Ragnar
Apr 6 2016 14:17

Another example, from another village by the Pyrenees, of about 33,000 people where the CNT around 100 affiliates that has grown in about 5 years. That the peoples it cannot grow is the mantra they say to those who do not want a great union of workers

no1
Apr 6 2016 14:15
Jim wrote:
no1 wrote:

Agreed, but it looks like the IWA is splitting?

I can't see very well how this is going to work itself out. I think this conflict is unnecessary and the way it has been presented on here so far isn't going to solve any problems. But the IWA is simply a number of anarcho-syndicalist unions who have decided to work together, and whatever the outcome of the current falling out, those unions will remain as will the aim to work together on an international level.

Jim
Apr 6 2016 14:24
no1 wrote:
I can't see very well how this is going to work itself out. I think this conflict is unnecessary and the way it has been presented on here so far isn't going to solve any problems. But the IWA is simply a number of anarcho-syndicalist unions who have decided to work together, and whatever the outcome of the current falling out, those unions will remain as will the aim to work together on an international level.

Well from what the Spanish comrades have said above it looks like CNT, USI and FAU are going to launch a parallel IWA. They will presumably take some of the other IWA sections with them but any other sections which go with them would have to accept not having a vote until they've grown past 100 members. This means there will then be an IWA of "unions" and an IWA of "initiatives" which is based around the IWA's existing eastern European sections.

I can work out where the groups most involved in this dispute are going, but I don't know what SF is going to do and I've got not idea which IWA groups like the FORA, COB, AIT-SP etc. will go with. I imagine a load of groups will end up staying in the existing IWA but I can see the engagement with it deteriorating even further as a result of all this discord. I wouldn't be surprised if sections which participate in the CNT's conference end up being expelled from the existing IWA. That'll definitely happen if they launch a parallel international.

libcom's picture
libcom
Apr 6 2016 14:37

We would like to remind users to follow the forum posting guidlines.

Future posts breaking these guidelines will be unpublished.

melenas
Apr 6 2016 14:45
Quote:
Well from what the Spanish comrades have said above it looks like CNT, USI and FAU are going to launch a parallel IWA. They will presumably take some of the other IWA sections with them but any other sections which go with them would have to accept not having a vote until they've grown past 100 members. This means there will then be an IWA of "unions" and an IWA of "initiatives" which is based around the IWA's existing eastern European sections.

I can work out where the groups most involved in this dispute are going, but I don't know what SF is going to do and I've got not idea which IWA groups like the FORA, COB, AIT-SP etc. will go with. I imagine a load of groups will end up staying in the existing IWA but I can see the engagement with it deteriorating even further as a result of all this discord. I wouldn't be surprised if sections which participate in the CNT's conference end up being expelled from the existing IWA. That'll definitely happen if they launch a parallel international.

Is not like you say, this is what CNT approved in the congress, doesn't have to be like this at all. These are only CNT proposals approved in CNT congress, thats all.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Apr 6 2016 14:44

Where's that Michael Jackson popcorn eating gif?

Jim
Apr 6 2016 14:47
melenas wrote:
Is not like you say, this is what CNT approved in the congress, doesn't have to be like this at all. These are only CNT proposals approved in CNT congress, thats all.

So what happens depends on the conference for re-founding the IWA which the CNT is organising? I guess there is a chance it won't decide to launch a parallel IWA, but given some of the posts on here already I'll be surprised if that doesn't happen.

melenas
Apr 6 2016 14:56
Jim wrote:
melenas wrote:

So what happens depends on the conference for re-founding the IWA which the CNT is organising?

Obviously, what ever happens mast be decided buy the ones that take part. Time will show as what will happen.

The text say it clear: "As a first step for these conferences, the CNT makes the following proposals as an organizational basis for the new IWA:"

melenas
Apr 6 2016 16:34
Quote:
To be fair, SAC is larger than CNT and has less then half the paid positions

Akai and her lies. please Akai tell as where in the CNT statutes says that CNT has paid positions. Is going to be difficult for you because doesn't appear any where. the fact that CNT contract services for example lawyers doesn't mean that has paid positions. Maybe she wants to forget that the statutes of CNT says exactly the opposite.

Did any body saw ever a IWA secretary laying in public about one of the sections of IWA? the worst is that is not the first time.

For example IWA contract internet services to a company, the sections pay lawyers, pay companies to send letters or packages, but ones again for Akai what ever circumstance is useful to throw rubbish.

CNT_Exteriores
Apr 6 2016 17:10
OliverTwister wrote:
Quote:
In the following weeks CNT will also be releasing the rest of its Congress agreements regarding union strategy, territorial organisation, unemployment, gender, self-management of the economy, libertarian communism, etc. I hope they will be an occasion for more entertaining and inspiring forums.

I hope there is a plan to publish these in English.

There is, but it will take some time as the documents are translated. Our working group for translating to English is small, and we are all also active in our local unions. (And we also have jobs!)

militant-proletarian's picture
militant-proletarian
Apr 6 2016 17:52

It was about time! This is a real proposal in order to build a true anarchosyndicalist International

Well, akai shows herself up once more, and is this the IWA Secretary? What a shame! Lies and more lies... I don't have to remind you made up a term called "suspension" in order to expell the FAU, do I? Why don't you tell us how you never sent the IWA documents to the FAU before the Congress that decided to "suspend" it?

Lugius, I recommend you to go to a psychologist, 'cause the "renovados" stuff is just a fantasy in your mind. I think your Spanish comrades must be these wackos who are constantly seeing reformist ghosts everywhere for 30 years now, aren't they? Hmmm, let's say Cadiz... And the motion for a mininum affiliation isn't coming only from CNT. FAU and USI also agreed something similar for years.

The FAU "suspension", i.e. de facto expulsion, is not the only reason for the CNT to publish this statement and proposal of re-founding the IWA. The comrades in Spain have seen for years the IWA Sec. manoeuvres, how the IWA turns more and more into a tiny-propoaganda-sect organization with no real union activity, without union strategies or trained comrades capable to set union and struggle methodologies. For example, during the IWA Congress in Valencia, comrades had to witness absurd discussions on how "reformist" is that an organization tries to contact other non-IWA organization like IWW, but at the same time there was an IWA sect asking the IWA to call for a global general strike because it was the Bakunin's anniversary (???). There were no voices for a "suspension" to ASI, since the IWA Sec. then wasn't able to explain the accounts and why there were 10 thousand Euros missing. I never saw akai so determined to expell, i mean, "suspend" ASI and the rat/rats who stole that money...

Today the IWA is just a cadaveric structure that isn't able to do more than solidarity actions with flyers and flags. So let's change this situation or we'll still be nobody or insignificant groups with no influence at all. Comments from some people here are evidences that IWA tendency must be changed, or those organizations that want to build a real International together will have to do it on their own way.

MT
Apr 6 2016 18:13

The thing is that nobody blocks the activity of the CNT or FAU if in line with the IWA decisions. I doubt we will have an honest answer, but how come that they have not been very active inside the IWA and now they suddenly reinvent the wheel and plan to be active in things of which many have already been agreed in the IWA (but inside the IWA were met with basically no input from the CNT or FAU)? Or the precondition to for example improving international organizing along the sectors is that the section with which you could cooperate has to have at least 100 members? Otherwise you just boycott the decision? Or the precondition is that the IWA has to be a legal body? Or is it too much to ask that you cooperate with a section in a country instead of a group that causes a lod of problems to your section in that country? Again, the list could go on but the answers from for example FAU will be always the same - mostly dishonest and disrespectful. And of course the mantra of the autonomy. Anyway, the FAU issue is resolved - sections made a congress decision and the next congress most probably makes the final decision. We can go on about it forever, but there are congress decisions (which FAU has ignored for years...).

bar-worker
Apr 6 2016 18:18

I'm a worker from FAU in Dresden. We have big problems with right-wing movement in our city, as many anarchist workers all over europe. And all over europe the actual crisis goes on and on, the right wing movement gets stronger. For this, we need a strong international of anarchosyndicalist unions NOW. And this international has to be a federation of unions which trust each other, which want to bring our revolution quickly foward. And for me, this also means, we have not to fear to speak with a union which is not so radical as we. We can go to them and say, "hey, whats your tactics in this kind of struggle?" and afterwards we can say "thanks you, by the way, paid people in the union are shit and you have to break with your idea from reformable capitalism, that are our arguments: ..." And sure, there are also unions, were many peoples are assholes, but also that is no reason to speak with the workers on the base and try to show them our ideas.

I know our FAU well, many comrades, from many syndicats. We have the big luck, that we have no big fractions, which hate or tread each other. We discuss in solidarity. And the most of us are sad, to be in a international where we find a secretarian which spy all section out, which want, that anarchosyndicalists speaks with nobody than other anarchosyndicalists, which has forgett that one part of the anarchosyndicalist concept is, that we can make some expierences just if we get bigger. Sorry akai, all the years I watch your steps in the international anarchist movement, I never see a good point in your work. For sure, the FAU is still very weak, but we help hundreds of worker every year, we make a good anarchsyndicalist job in over 30 citys, which includes education in feminst, antiracist and all the other anarchist topics. We grow and we kick the strong reformistic unions in the ass, as we can. We not want to destroy the IWA, because we love our comrades and want to fight for a better life with them. But if we have to kicked out, because there is a decision which not allow it us to get in touch with other unions, there is the question why we should love a federation for which it is more importand if we speak with the bad kids than how we show solidarity to other sections and how our own work looks. May this decision was a little silly? May we had discuss more about that, in a friendly way?

And its also a question, why anyone should stay in a federation, were the experiences and wishes of the most of the members find no ear? Is every little bigger anarchosyndicalist union a reformist-club?

This theater playes far to long. A big "Thank you!" to the whole CNT for this step! Lets bring the things foward!

All this statements are my personal meaning, not of my syndicate, not of the FAU.

MT
Apr 6 2016 18:35
Quote:
because there is a decision which not allow it us to get in touch with other unions,

it is interesting how things can be worded. but let's think about it - you don't like the decisions of the IWA but still are members. so, why don't you leave such a bad relationship? i mean, seriously, can you explain this in a plain and simple way? but let's go deeper - what decision are you having in mind? why the general talk? be honest and open about it and why shuch a decision was made in the first place, so that people know things and not just nice and smooth "hey, we are so badly treated, why you evil people do this to us?"
And as for attacks on akai - if you seriously don't see any good work of the Secretariat in the recent years, I doubt you really follow what is going on in the IWA...

Ragnar
Apr 6 2016 18:50
Quote:
And as for attacks on akai - if you seriously don't see any good work of the Secretariat in the recent years, I doubt you really follow what is going on in the IWA...

By the internal channels, the CNT and the USI, active and passive is has been telling him that so not things are done to the IWA secretariat. So what MT surprise you then CNT proposal?

militant-proletarian's picture
militant-proletarian
Apr 6 2016 19:02
Quote:

Oh really? Please tell us more about the great work she is bringing about. Show us how the workers are massively organizing themselves in big anarchosyndicalist unions around the world. Please, mention just one conflict in which a nonexistent union methodology of IWA Secretariat really worked, far beyond solidarity flyers and flags in front of an embassy or company.

There are no strategies or guidelines or whatever one considers a "road map" to go forward and achieve anything. Nothing about how to grow and work in different countries with different labour/union realities in order to become mass organizations.

During many years, I've just seen in the IWA crazy people crying about "reformism" or CGT-ghosts invented by the "Lion of the Alhambra" and his brown-nose unions. Fortunately this people in the CNT are insignificant or were thrown out as they deserved, and the CNT is gonna be stronger than ever.

MT
Apr 6 2016 19:08
Quote:
Oh really? Please tell us more about the great work she is bringing about. Show us how the workers are massively organizing themselves in big anarchosyndicalist unions around the world. Please, mention just one conflict in which a nonexistent union methodology of IWA Secretariat really worked, far beyond solidarity flyers and flags in front of an embassy or company.

No need to really comment on this logic...

Ed's picture
Ed
Apr 6 2016 22:23

Just to say, can people not use users real names on these threads. Have edited a few posts above accordingly. Thanks.

akai
Apr 7 2016 00:30

l have a lot to say of course, but since l just read to the end, l will just address something to the bar worker. Hi, a few times a week l spend my very little free time with tenants and workers. This is my work in anarchosyndicalism which the people directly involved with can assess. Maybe from your bar you see none of this, so you can read our web page. l am active in most work of my union. Several hundred people participate in our union and our tenants organization and most people from our union did not come from anarchism. They came from this concrete work. Maybe you don't want to see it, so that's OK. Each one is in his own milieu. This is mine and it is what l care about.

About not fearing to speak to unions that are not anarchist, we have no disagreement. lf you would care to do just a little bit of research, you can find a number of our actions supporting such unions (independent ones). You can find out that such unions gave extreme thanks to the ZSP and to me personally for our strong support of their work struggles or for successful cooperation in some concrete struggles. We do this when we have a concrete interest and agreement and work together but with mainstream unions it is sometimes tough. That is like now where we are calling for a strike and Solidarity is denouncing us even better than you are.

l live in Poland and we have an even bigger right-wing problem than you do. Our right-wing problem extends into the anarchist movement. ln any case, the fascist ideology is gaining and, since we are not isolated in any anarchist ghetto, but are deeply involved in a working class movement, we have been fighting off the encroachment on the working class. lt's really funny, you act like you are following things but you don't know about this? Our work is well-known in this country but of course maybe you missed it all. ln any case, on a regular basis, we fight against racism and anti-semitism. Actually anti-semitism is more common. We do this through our regular work in the community.

By contrast, politcal parties and opportunists of different categories seek to use social movements for their interests. This is always an issue, as they graze for people, especially at our events. Now to the facts: there is a lot of problems with both party members and strange opportunists in this city and others and some of them go into the organization lP, and even were the most influential people. Of course you know about this as the info was in FAU. To be concrete: those people work in another tenants organization, which is different of course. We worked together many times, as anybody can tell you, because if we have a common goal or action, we should, despite any differences. During the last years, they decided that their strategy should be to get into government and they started calling people to go into this project. To explain more - part of the people they contacted were of course people they met at our demos and since they know we tell people that politics like this is not the answer, they started with a lot of crap against us. Because, you know, having a common action is one thing, but if you need to use the more general movement in your quest to get elected, you know that the best way to do it is to make some intrigues. But these intrigues are common life with those people and are not the important thing.

First they went into an organization and started to hold street meetings in different Warsaw neighbourhoods with a fascist organization. l found out about this from anti-fascists - and l supported their criticisms. Furthermore, we were very concerned, since they were coming around to our demos, etc., scouting for suckers, that they would be coming around with their fascists. So, after some noise, the first group of fascists bit the dust, after a long argument and many accusations against us as being "sectarians".

After this, and pretending it was some mistakes, they started to make their electoral lists and put two much worse fascists on it. And they were sending people to actions like anti-eviction blockades we organized to collect signatures from people. And of course, they were doing this in the middle of some police drama and l had to stop and explain to people that, well, actually, yeah, those people have a red and black flag and say they are anarchists, but they are putting fascists as candidates and make some discussions.

Me, l work with all different people in movements like this but sorry - over my dead body l am busting my ass to counter fascism in real life and in my neighbourhood and some pseudo-anarchist jackasses are going to do that. And l mean literally NO PASARAN.

l didn't spend much time discussing it on the internet, rather with people who are around. So that they don't vote for fascists by accident because somebody posing as an anarchist recommends that list. My comrades criticised this. Even the main newspaper did this, social democrats and anti-fascists. lnstead of just chucking the ass out of the union, or issuing a disclaimer, comrades of mine were threatened, the Secretary of that union wanted to put my comrade to a firing squad, and of course they called for a boycott of our organization. After a lot of noise with this stuff, and after dozens of statements that clearly show the opposite, finally an organizational explanation that "people didn't know".

OK, an idiot is clearly born every minute. Said fascists' organization at the same were seen making a racist protest to free Janus Walus, anti-communist and racist killer. They also organized a weekend of neo-nazi music festival. While my comrade was denouncing this, the neo-nazi was taunting people as stupid anti-fas at the FB book of said syndicalist and appearing at different public events.

Well, everybody knows it is stupid, even in that organization. But it is the ideology of being "anti-sectarian" and this ideology is behind every querfront strategy and is common in many countries of E. Europe to justify cooperation with the right.

For this reason, we need to fight against such strategies and we do it.

Enter FAU.

We talk to anarchists too, not only people in the society and we say, we need some working class movements, and we need to keep away from a few things: alliances with the right, political parties.

Enter a few people from FAU, known to us and even known well. They disagree and say AAAAA. ZSP, sectarians. They don't do anything. And do public events, endorse others. At the moment this is going on. And of course we explain, as we always tried to do. But you know... we actually don't take crazy populists, would-be politicians, people cooperating with fascists in our union. Because, guess what................ we need to build a radical workers movement that will firmly reject this shit and be able to do it at times like this.

Of course we would be a few times bigger if we filled up on such people. Yeah, then maybe we could impress you cause l guess the work we do, even winning strikes and forcing major changes in national chains just doesn't cut it for the international revolution.

So Bar man, to put you straight, we think that making such decisions when we have such a situation is really bad stuff. Now, if you believe in a querfront strategy, go do it youself in your country. You can be kept accountable by local activists. But you "autonomy" stops when it negatively impacts our movements. lf you want to be super anti-sectarian, well, that's what you get.

Now of course we have our own attempts to create different dialogues locally and sometimes it goes well and is a step in a positive direction. But your colleague's imput usually just tends to build opposite tendencies.

So ask yourself, Mr. antifa, feminist whatever why you intervene in an antifascist issue on the side of people who cannot take a stand on this issue and sent their activists to my fucking neighbourhood with their fascist shit? lf you are an anti-fascist, you fucking stand beside me. lf you don't care, stand behind the bad ideas of some of your friends. But stop with the pretense because l am out there on the line.

lf your personal autonomy to do stupid things like that is more important than supporting a prinicipled anti-fascist organization (not mixing up anti-fascists, maybe some populists working with fascists and all that stuff), you know, you choices are really illogical. Maybe you are misinformed, but l guess you think you know better than me how we should fight fascism in our neighbourhoods.

All that said, certainly there were plenty of chances to discuss what should be our common strategy, but sadly after many years of more or less co-existing, we only hear cries about your autonomy - and not an ounce of understanding.

At the same time, we know who is doing what and we find that all this nonsense comes exactly after FAU delegates unofficially try to talk to CNT ones about them leaving, such a motion goes into the FAU and even your own members assess that some individuals are pushing to get expelled.

lt's all OK. You can do what you want. But if you want to support people who do stuff like this, it's just not acceptable to us. Sorry, Our big revolution will not be with such people.

Large parts of people in the anarchist movement are in something of an ideological crisis. We saw this with a certain SA guy and the reactions. We all saw lots of people take it seriously, some cautiously and we also saw incredible things, cause people get invested in their buddies and they'll sweep anything away if they think it hurts their mission and, if people are not convinced, they can surely make some conspiracy theory about ulterior motives.

Yeah, so, l guess the conspiracy theories used to explain all these things are the following:

ZSP - doesn't allow people to talk to unions (when ZSP has all sorts of actions with other unions and even has had its cooperations with some of the bad guys... when they are not fucking with fascists or threatening)
ZSP- group of punk friends, doesn't know what a union is (heheheheeh)
ZSP- try to smash international

l mean, there are probably a dozen others and the others related to me personally.

Anyway, for your information, we actually talk even to people in that union which is bad, but mostly workers, who often are just there by accident. We had joint meetings, we have them on our forum... because our ideas and practices are better, even if we have fewer people. So we don't care about that and never did. We care about your organizational plans and quite frankly, there are people in your union who really have bad, bad ideas on strategy and morally support this. For years, as long as these were just a few dumb-asses and not officially approved dumb-assism, we didn't care. Lots of people thought you crossed some line, but nothing. So OK. People have spoken.

Lugius's picture
Lugius
Apr 7 2016 02:22

The CNT statement says in part;

Quote:
This process of re-founding the IWA will be open and transparent. We will periodically provide information

While complaining;

Quote:
yet inquisitorially monitor and criticize the activities of others

bar-worker complains of spying;

Quote:
in solidarity. And the most of us are sad, to be in a international where we find a secretarian which spy all section out, which want, that anarchosyndicalists

Yet, we are assured by CNT_exteriores;

Quote:
Same with the SAC. It’s OK for Lugius to drop his/her personal bogey man around, but we certainly are not into any dealings with them (secret or not), and

So if it's all open and transparent and there are no 'secret' deals, why all the concern about being monitored and spied on? A number of claims have been made that this section is not what it says it is and claims of the CNT growing and this that and the other. Why should not the IWA Secretariat take steps to ascertain the veracity of information? At the 1996 IWA Congress, the IWA Secretariat was instructed to investigate the situation of the ASF in Australia. The IWA Secretariat duly sent F**** I************* to Sydney and Melbourne during April-May 1997. I don't recall anyone in the ASF expressing a concern that we are going to spied upon or subjected to inquisitorial monitoring. Indeed, the investigation was welcomed as it would clarify the situation.

I can understand concern about being spied upon by the FBI or the NSW Police but the IWA Secretariat? Does not the IWA Secretariat have a duty of care to see all sections informed with accurate reliable information?

Lugius's picture
Lugius
Apr 7 2016 03:17

Yepa writes:

Quote:
And that´s why you are the worst secretary of all times, a thug troublemaker that destroyed IWA.

melemas writes:

Quote:
and then you are surprised why people say that you are the worst secretariat of IWA ever.

Militant-proletariat writes:

Quote:

So don't believe anything Akai says because she is the worst Secretary ever and is spying and an inquisitor and a thug. Demonise your critic to devalue and dismiss the substance of the critique. Or, if you like, don't play the ball, go the biff.

My own view is that Akai is the best Secretary the IWA has had in thirty years. Before Rata became Secretary, it was difficult to know what was going bon anywhere else in the IWA. Ocasionally, an envelope arrived with Congress minutes and reports from Plenaries.

When Rata became Secretary the flow of information expanded greatly and this continued with Akai - this partly due to changed communications technology.

Since Akai became Secretary there has been a serious attempt to begin to organise in Asia holding public events in Hong Kong and Taipei (more recently, the ASF are developing contacts in Singapore, Java and East Borneo).

This is in marked contrast to previous IWA Secretariats which seem to have no interest outside of Europe.

In the last 20 years the IWA has grown and expanded into Eastern Europe but apparently not good enough as they are not fully fledged unions. Are these unions meant to appear out of nowhere without any outside help? Are they meant to create anarcho-syndicalist unions by osmosis alone?

This CNT, it seems to me, wants to renovate the IWA into a Europe-only union. At least that is consistent with the CNT attitude to efforts outside of Europe to build anarcho-syndicalist unions.

I consider that Akai has done more to expand the IWA outside of the Europe ghetto than any other IWA Secretary.

The effort she made to come to Australia to help boost our efforts to grow the ASF was enormous and she worked hard from the moment she stepped off the plane (and we worked her hard with seven events in 10 days). In November 2015, the ASF were just three affiliates and today the ASF are seven. The tour generated an enormous amount of interest and the ASF is experiencing its greatest rate of growth for 25 years.

It's clear to me that the CNT doesn't want to expand beyond its small circle of friends in western Europe. Everytime the Secretariat has been outside of Spain the CNT has had a problem.

I suggest the CNT doesn't really want to expand the IWA beyond what it can't control. It doesn't really want an international IWA as it has the potential to threaten its pre-emininent position.

Let the CNT found Eurocentric Workers Association if they wish but the IWA will continue to grow in places outside western Europe.

The something ridiculous about boasting having thousands of members in a country of 48 million.

The numerical qualification for membership proposed to the IWA (twice) and rejected (twice) is designed to keep most current sections out. Particularly, those with overly inquisitive Secretaries.

The complainants mentioned above would have us believe that the problems that the IWA has, problems so great as to justify a 're-founding' (an attempt to defacto expel all other sections that don't meet the CNT's definition) is attributable to a single individual.

What utter rubbish. It attributes to Akai power that neither she or any other Secretary does not have. If the Secretary was as bad as these complainants are making out, there is a simple solution; the section to which that Secretary is a member is responsible.

The CNT leaders know this which is why they proposed the recall of the Secretary last year which is their right as an affiliated section. The proposal was rejected by the IWA in accordance with the due process.

Let's assume it's true that Akai is the WORST Secretary EVER! This is justification for an attempt by the CNT to split the IWA into the 'worthy' and the 'not worthy'?

A single individual is never the problem. It is always the practice that is the issue.