Santiago Sierra's Black Flag Exhibition in Dundee

Submitted by ajjohnstone on September 26, 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/sep/25/santiago-sierra-south-pole-anarchy-flags-spanish-artist-dundee-synagogue

It documents his attempts to have the black flag, the symbol of anarchism planted, at the north and south poles.

“I regard anarchism as a political and behavioural philosophy with which I identify fully,” he replies. “However, anarchism is, above all, morality and implies a way of life without concessions. In this sense, I would not be so much because my life is far from that of any anarchist militant.”

Black Flag is at Dundee Contemporary Arts until 25 November.

Lucky Black Cat

5 years 6 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by Lucky Black Cat on September 28, 2018

Ok comrades, we've got one continent and we've got the North Pole. Just need anarchism to spread to six more continents, and we're good to go!

Then again, North Pole was already communist. I hear the guy who lives there is really into free distribution.

GBF23

5 years 6 months ago

Submitted by GBF23 on September 28, 2018

Lucky Black Cat

Ok comrades, we've got one continent and we've got the North Pole. Just need anarchism to spread to six more continents, and we're good to go!

Then again, North Pole was already communist. I hear the guy who lives there is really into free distribution.

I heard he runs an Elven sweat shop with zero hour contracts

Lucky Black Cat

5 years 6 months ago

Submitted by Lucky Black Cat on September 28, 2018

GBF23

I heard he runs an Elven sweat shop with zero hour contracts

Trotskyite lies!