Shout out and solidarity greetings to the International Workers Association XXI Congress

Submitted by syndicalist on November 30, 2016

Shout out and solidarity greetings to the International Workers Association XXI Congressmeeting this weekend in Warsaw.

Hoping issues are resolved and the work of building global anarcho-syndicalism in a forthright and constructive way.

Forward with the struggle!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207924934709033&set=gm.730501833782790&type=3&theater

syndicalist

7 years 3 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by syndicalist on December 2, 2016

I guess I'm the only one here wishing them success in their deliberations

Noah Fence

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on December 2, 2016

No real need to wish them success - it's a forgone conclusion that this will be a winner. All the same I shall offer my best wishes and hope for success to the international workers. Break a leg you guys!

syndicalist

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by syndicalist on December 2, 2016

I suspect this has become the home for splitters paradise

akai

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by akai on December 3, 2016

The internet is a place where a few individuals can give the impression they are masses. Don't pay any attention and don't be fooled. But yes, this place has, over the past couple of years, gone from a place where radicalism and critical ideas were the norm to a place where norm is the norm.

ln any case, thanks for this. So far, l have been amazed that things are proceeding so well and really in a good atmosphere. The Congress worked very well, maybe the first time l saw it work so well. We got most of the points out of the way even yesterday which means today we can have longer discussions on the really important points on the agenda which are about improving the strategies for syndical activities and struggle.

Of course the real test will be what all the individual Sections can do on the ground and this is a much harder task.

syndicalist

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by syndicalist on December 3, 2016

I grew up in the school of thought and action where you wish comradely organizations and unions greetings when they hold their Congresses or Conventions. It has always been the right thing to do.
And in this case when such sensitive stuff as global IWA unity is to be discussed, one would think that IWA would appreciate some greetings.

So when folks seem to down or ignore the thought that constructive discussion happen at this Congress, that greetings and good wishes are somehow not in oder, in light of all that has gone on this past immediate period, basically says that folks have taken another position and point of view.

Juan Conatz

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Juan Conatz on December 3, 2016

Or it could be that you're cynically mining for people to refute your biased and preconceived notions of what people's opinion on a controversial subject are, and they don't appreciate it. In any case, the conference greeting is an old school thing that doesn't usually get a lot of responses and replies here.

For what it's worth, I hope the IWA congress goes well and it contributes to the growth and organizing of the member sections involved.

syndicalist

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by syndicalist on December 3, 2016

I'm not mining. But when folks contribution is to down stuff, that tells me something. I absolutely expect some not to wish the IWA well, and some may not care for the splitters. There used to be a time here when we'd post these greetings and, yes, prolly got some mixed replies. Not all debby downers. At one point, this was a mixed international point of reference for global anarchosyndicalists and not one that tipped one way or another. Appreciation of diversity of point of view runs two ways you know.

akai

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by akai on December 4, 2016

Juan Conatz and Syndicalist, for your information, l think everybody would assess that the Congress went amazingly well and was productive. For the first time in years, there were no attempts to derail the work of the Congress, no long-winded speeches and no people trying to speak 20 times on the same topic, a senseless practice some had, thinking if they get speaking again and again in a louder and more aggravated way, they could intimidate people and/or get them to change the votes of the organization. None of that took place and the work went very well. There was even time for working groups to meet, to take a small tour and today a lot of time for discussing how to organize ourselves. This is a great thing, that we are not wasting time listening to these speeches and will sit down and try to help each other, share best practices, brainstorm ideas, etc. l think some people who were feeling frustrated will leave with renewed enthusiasm about everything.

l for one, to be honest, was not looking forward to it, thinking there might be some arguments, but just the opposite. Everything is OK, although as l always say, we will have to see what the future brings. l hope it is something better, although we know some will need some time to get stronger on the local level and even to get over the negative trends we've had to suffer in the last couple of years.

Salvoechea

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Salvoechea on December 4, 2016

So, by the way the split is good for both sides to carry out their projects. I hope things can be sorted out in future and all revolutionary unionism could gather together again. My point of view, is that if in one organisation there are two very different political/practical lines the best thing to do is to split in two, instead of suffering a painful internal war for years. This is the experience of the anarchosyndicalism in Spain.

syndicalist

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by syndicalist on December 4, 2016

I wish all parts well in thier own consolidation. Trusting people will now go their seperate ways in a peace and coexistence and in a non competitive way. Fwiw, solidarity will be given to all legit struggles when asked upon to provide it. And I will remain old school to my end

Ragnar

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Ragnar on December 4, 2016

Congratulations. The time will put everyone on your site.
Good luck.

Salvoechea

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Salvoechea on December 4, 2016

Which unions have been finally kicked out the IWA? My guess, cnt, usi and fau. Any new members?

syndicalist

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by syndicalist on December 5, 2016

Salvoechea

Which unions have been finally kicked out the IWA? My guess, cnt, usi and fau.

I do not say this with happiness or pleasure
Then everybody got what they wanted out
of both conferences

robot

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by robot on December 5, 2016

syndicalist

I wish all parts well in thier own consolidation. Trusting people will now go their seperate ways in a peace and coexistence and in a non competitive way. Fwiw, solidarity will be given to all legit struggles when asked upon to provide it. And I will remain old school to my end

I second. As for the moment, bye bye and thank you for the fish.

Steven.

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Steven. on December 5, 2016

Is there going to be a report of what happened at the conference?

MT

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by MT on December 6, 2016

http://www.iwa-ait.org/content/statement-xxvi-congress

Mark.

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Mark. on December 6, 2016

MT

http://www.iwa-ait.org/content/statement-xxvi-congress

A response on alasbarricadas

OliverTwister

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by OliverTwister on December 6, 2016

The congress also saw a number of new affiliations and, unfortunately, disaffiliations.

The CNT, FAU and USI have been disaffiliated as a result of a conscious disregard for process, statutes and dues of the IWA. The divisive and destructive attempts by of the CNT’s Confederal Committee in complicity with FAU and USI is nothing more than an attack on the very principles, tactics and aims of the IWA and anarchosyndicalism.

Does anyone know anything about the new affiliations?

syndicalist

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by syndicalist on December 11, 2016

Upbeat which is a good thing.

IWA Congress video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=eFn09Oci9S4