Wildcat strikes in one of the largest retailers in Bulgaria

Submitted by syndicalist on March 21, 2017

Wildcat strikes in one of the largest retailers in Bulgaria

"The workers from one of the biggest Bulgarian retail stores Picadilly, along with anarchosyndicalists from Autonomous Worker’s Union went on wildcat strikes across the country. The reason is wage theft – workers haven’t been paid for months. The company owners and high management are hiding and refuse to give any explanations. The demands of the workers are for immediate payment of the salaries and full benefits. They occupied the entrances of the company headquarters in Sofia, but were blocked by private security sent by the management members hiding inside."

Continue story: http://arsindikat.org/bg/2017/03/21/wildcat-strikes-in-one-of-the-largest-retailers-in-bulgaria/

Ed

7 years 1 month ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by Ed on March 21, 2017

Hey, would you like to post this to our news section? More people will see it that way..

syndicalist

7 years 1 month ago

Submitted by syndicalist on March 22, 2017

Ed

Hey, would you like to post this to our news section? More people will see it that way..

I did, without graphics tho., sorry

evgeni5150

7 years 1 month ago

Submitted by evgeni5150 on March 22, 2017

Hey, i'm one of the participants in the strikes. My union is in the middle of four different conflicts right now and they are all about wage theft ( in a sewing workshop, in one of the mobile operators and in the southern coal mines), so there will be more detailed article about wage theft in Bulgaria in the coming days.

Mike Harman

7 years 1 month ago

Submitted by Mike Harman on March 22, 2017

@evgeni5150 thanks! It'd be great to have a more detailed article on this, so looking forward to it and solidarity to the strikes.

syndicalist

7 years 1 month ago

Submitted by syndicalist on March 22, 2017

evgeni5150

Hey, i'm one of the participants in the strikes. My union is in the middle of four different conflicts right now and they are all about wage theft ( in a sewing workshop, in one of the mobile operators and in the southern coal mines), so there will be more detailed article about wage theft in Bulgaria in the coming days.

Looking forward to learning more details.

Anarcho-syndicalist greetings and solidarity!

mikail firtinaci

7 years 1 month ago

Submitted by mikail firtinaci on March 22, 2017

Here is the Turkish translation of the text:

http://www.yeryuzupostasi.org/2017/03/22/bulgaristanda-otonom-isciler-sendikasi-uyesi-isciler-greve-cikti/

In solidarity!

Steven.

7 years 1 month ago

Submitted by Steven. on March 22, 2017

evgeni5150

hi, thanks very much for letting us know. Best of luck with your dispute! Also please feel free to post any information about it in our new section (just click submit content - news). Alternately we would love to hear what's going on here in the comments

evgeni5150

7 years ago

Submitted by evgeni5150 on March 23, 2017

Thanks for translation and spreading the information.
I'll submit our detailed report in the "submit content" section.

Thanks again comrades
In solidarity