In response to a request for solidarity action from KUMAN, uber drivers union affiliated with Persaudaraan Pekerja Anarko-Sindikalis (PPAS), the ASF Secretariat has called on the IWA through the Secretariat and other fraternal unions and supporters of workers rights to organise protest actions at Uber offices around the world on Saturday 9 September.
The request was signed by Octo, Secretary of KUMAN, and dated 22 August.
Protest actions in support of KUMAN drivers are confirmed for Perth and Melbourne.
The demands of KUMAN that have been put to Uber Indonesia are:
1. RECEIVING THE BASIC RATE TO BE RP.2.500, - / KM;
2. ELIMINATE 100% PROMO;
3. EXPANDS WARRANTIES OF INSURANCE COVERAGE FROM ONLINE UNTIL OFFLINE;
4. FLEXPAY / WITHDRAW MUST BE DONE EVERY DAY;
5. MAKE MINIMUM DISTANCE AND DISPLAY FEATURES PASSENGER DESTINATION;
6. RETURN UP UBER CONSULTING STATUS (PARTNERS / WORKERS / USERS ONLY
SERVICES) TO BE A PROSPEROUS AND JUSTICE PARTNER;
7. IMPROVEMENT SCHEME SHOULD evenly JABODETABEK whether MORNING IN WHOLE OR
Afternoon, and RESTORE SCHEME WEEK BACK TO 35 TRIP WITH BONUS RP.
8. SHOW PAYMENT OF PASSENGER FEATURES ON THE UBER DI DRIVER APPLICATION
BEGIN TIME TO TAKE ORDER (PROMO, CASH, OR CREDIT CARD);
9. ELIMINATE OBLIGATIONS OF USE OF ATTRIBUTES BECAUSE IN THE REGIONAL AIRPORT
MANY RED ZONE;
10. MANAGEMENT MUST PROVIDE A SPECIAL TEAM FOR DRIVERS / LEADERS WHO
EXPERIENCING LAKALANTAS TO DEALING ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY;
11. Delete Unacceptable PRO-DRIVER PROGRAMS;
12. ADD SUPPORT OFFICE FACILITIES IN EACH JABODETABEK REGION;
13. FEATURES A PURPOSE OF A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH THE ROUTE ARE DETERMINED;
14. Set MINIMUM LIMITS FOR RATING CUSTOMER / PASSENGER.
Uber Indonesia have stated that they will provide a response within 14 days. Management at Uber Indonesia have encouraged other drivers to form a different union accusing KUMAN of not belong a real union offering financial inducements as a means of undermining KUMAN.
Drivers for Uber as weell as companies such as Grab and Gojek earn around AUD10 per day on average and must pay for their own fuel and maintenance.
The latest update from PPAS Jakarta Secretary;
1. Management had rejected the presence of Miss Oky as a representative of LBH Jakarta (Jakarta Legal Aid). Where the management Uber want to hold a discussion only with the driver only. However, this request was rejected because the driver has appointed Jakarta Legal Aid which is represented by Oky Wxxxxx Sxxxxx as the attorney.
2. Uber's management retains all mobile phones / gadgets during the meeting and does not allow recording of meetings. Though their own party to record the meeting.
3. uber management admits its mistake by never socializing and educating about insurance for driver-partners
4. Management promises to provide answers regarding the demands of drivers by sending mail, or sending via KUMAN e-mail.