Something I have been thinking about recently, because I think there are many more people who "identify" as anarchists / libcom etc. than actually "do anarchism" (I count myself as part of this problem).
So what is it that stops you from doing more, organising, direct action etc.? Or, if you don't want to talk about yourself, what stops people in general? What can we do to remove the obstacles to action for more people who are theoretically on board with anarchism but aren't in any way "active"?
I'll go first.
1) Time outside of work
2) A partner who is actively hostile to any active anarchist politics, but who I love and am deeply committed to and have no intention of leaving
3) I don't want to get fired from my job
4) I don't want to get arrested or have any sort of physical confrontation with police, because the idea frightens the hell out of me and will lead to me leaving my job. Basically I'm a coward.
5) I don't want to get COVID
6) I live in a small town full of Tories