Clarke examines Marx's theory of alienated labour and uses it to critique modern economics and sociology.
Second edition of Marx, Marginalism, and Modern Sociology: From Adam Smith to Max Weber. Published by Palgrave Macmillan, 1991.
1. The Origin of Modern Sociology
2.Classical Political Economy
3. Alienated Labour and the Critique of Political Economy
4. Value, Class and the Theory of Society
5. Political Economy and its Sociological Critics
6. The Marginalist Revolution in Economics
7. The Irrationality of Marginalist Economics
8. From Marginalism to Modern Sociology
9. Marx, Marginalism and Modern Sociology