Preserving redundant blogs/tumblrs

Submitted by Steven. on April 10, 2016

So I was thinking it would be a good idea for us to archive copies of anarchist/libcom blogs/tumblrs etc which are no longer updated.

For example I turned the luxury communism tumblr into a PDF and uploaded it here: http://libcom.org/library/luxury-communism-tumblr

If anyone can think of any other decent blogs which are basically dead let us know, or archive it and post it up yourself (it's easy to do, I just kept scrolling down till the whole blog was on one page, then click Print then "save as PDF")

As stuff on WordPress/tumblr/other blogging platforms which isn't updated could be deleted by the companies which own it

Steven.

8 years ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by Steven. on April 10, 2016

On this note, is the Black Orchid Collective still going? As they have some good stuff on their blog but it hasn't been updated in a year: https://blackorchidcollective.wordpress.com/

jondwhite

8 years ago

Submitted by jondwhite on April 11, 2016

Good work. Archiving these blogs is a good idea.

Steven.

8 years ago

Submitted by Steven. on April 11, 2016

Cheers. Well bear it in mind if you come across any. Hopefully Black Orchid are still going. Also their blog won't be as straightforward to turn into a PDF as they split a lot of their articles with "continue reading" links… so if anyone knows what to do about that please let me know!

Reddebrek

8 years ago

Submitted by Reddebrek on April 12, 2016

Steven.

Cheers. Well bear it in mind if you come across any. Hopefully Black Orchid are still going. Also their blog won't be as straightforward to turn into a PDF as they split a lot of their articles with "continue reading" links… so if anyone knows what to do about that please let me know!

I'm afraid if the group is dead you'll have to copy and paste every article into a text document manually and then turn it into a PDF.