Submitted by Sleeper on April 9, 2016

If so what? I find this incredibly moving:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/PicassoGuernica.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guernica_%28Picasso%29

The Pigeon

7 years 11 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by The Pigeon on April 9, 2016

I just visited an art museum the other day, it was a joyful event. And what I like about art is that after being in a building full of it is that you begin to look around you and see everything as a type of art, for a time.

Sleeper

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on April 9, 2016

Yep and of course art and architecture are bound together. Being a simple lad from a council estate it took me a long time to realise why art is important.

fidel gastro

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by fidel gastro on April 10, 2016

Yes I am. I like all kinds of stuff. I like Banksy and I like what Billy Childish and the Stuckists have to say about Art.

Auld-bod

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Auld-bod on April 10, 2016

I liked this from Wikipedia:

During the Second World War, Picasso remained in Paris while the Germans occupied the city. Picasso's artistic style did not fit the Nazi ideal of art, so he did not exhibit during this time. He was often harassed by the Gestapo. During one search of his apartment, an officer saw a photograph of the painting Guernica. "Did you do that?" the German asked Picasso. "No," he replied, "You did".[43]

I was given a half sized, block mounted print of it for my twenty-first birthday. However in a small room it gets a bit oppressive after a bit. I’ve had similar mood changes from sitting in the Rothko room at the Tate Gallery.

All great art is worth experiencing though very little might be called entertaining. That’s possibly why I appreciate the black humour of Francisco Goya’s, ‘Saturn Devouring His Son’, which I understand he painted/hung in his dining room.

http://totallyhistory.com/saturn-devouring-his-son/

sabot

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by sabot on April 10, 2016

Just to say that the Museo Reina Sofía (where Guernica is located) also displays a lot of amazing imagery from the Spanish civil war that I've only seen at that museum and no where else (Web or otherwise). Last I checked, they rotate the collection seasonally so something to keep in mind. It's certainly worth a visit if you happen to be in Madrid imo.

Serge Forward

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Serge Forward on April 10, 2016

I've had a big poster of Breugel the younger's Flemish Fair in my living room for over 30 years. I really love this picture. Got it for about 10p from an Oxfam in Stafford in 1983-4. As I've moved house a lot and been evicted a fair few times, it's now getting a bit tatty. Should have framed it but never mind. When my kids were little, we used to do a version of "where's Wally"... can you find the kids playing marbles... the woman with the bare arse... etc.

Noah Fence

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on April 10, 2016

Hell yes!

From teenager I've always admired the art of Gee Vaucher but never really got art apart from that. Then when I was in my mid thirties I went to Florence and visited the galleries there more out of interest for architecture than the paintings. Then when I saw the religious art, Botticelli etc, I was just struck dumb by it! It really got in amongst me, like super emotional. After that I started eating it up, all the old masters stuff Turner, Claude etc. then I found the Pre-Raphealites and finally the Dutch masters, particularly the interiors. December 2014 I shelled out 500 quid to go to The Hague and see all the Dutch stuff and then became ill a few days before and couldn't go. I'm determined to get there somehow one day.
I like some modern conceptual stuff too especially Bill Drummond but really I'm quite conservative - it's the old guys with exquisite skills that get to me the most. Many a tear has fallen from my eye looking at this stuff.

Khawaga

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Khawaga on April 10, 2016

I really like Russian suprematism, in particular Kazimir Malevich and El Lissitzky. And I have a soft spot for Italian futurism, although their work is moving in the sense of being scary given their fascist inclinations.

Sleeper

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on April 10, 2016

I think some Banksy stuff is great and thought provoking, seriously good. I'm not a big fan of street art though. But I guess that's a problem for me and to do with seeing it as grafitti and anti-social.

I like what the Stuckists have to say it makes me smile - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuckism

I also have an instinctive appreciation of dada and surrealism. I just get it.

red and black riot

Yes I am. I like all kinds of stuff. I like Banksy and I like what Billy Childish and the Stuckists have to say about Art.

Sleeper

7 years 11 months ago

I recently visited the home and gallery of Joan Miró - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Miro

It was a lovely, peaceful and inspiring day. It's not all about the big names - http://www.tate.org.uk/context-comment/blogs/reaper-miros-civil-war-protest

Auld-bod

During the Second World War, Picasso remained in Paris while the Germans occupied the city. Picasso's artistic style did not fit the Nazi ideal of art, so he did not exhibit during this time. He was often harassed by the Gestapo. During one search of his apartment, an officer saw a photograph of the painting Guernica. "Did you do that?" the German asked Picasso. "No," he replied, "You did".[43]

I was given a half sized, block mounted print of it for my twenty-first birthday. However in a small room it gets a bit oppressive after a bit. I’ve had similar mood changes from sitting in the Rothko room at the Tate Gallery.

All great art is worth experiencing though very little might be called entertaining. That’s possibly why I appreciate the black humour of Francisco Goya’s, ‘Saturn Devouring His Son’, which I understand he painted/hung in his dining room.

Auld-bod

Sleeper

7 years 11 months ago

Thank you it's now on my list http://www.museoreinasofia.es/en

sabot

Just to say that the Museo Reina Sofía (where Guernica is located) also displays a lot of amazing imagery from the Spanish civil war that I've only seen at that museum and no where else (Web or otherwise). Last I checked, they rotate the collection seasonally so something to keep in mind. It's certainly worth a visit if you happen to be in Madrid imo.

baboon

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by baboon on April 11, 2016

Yes, I'm moved by art - particularly the timeless art of the caves of the Upper Paleolithic. Here's a link to part two of an article by the marxist Max Raphael and his analysis of the cave art of the Franco-Cantabrian: http://en.internationalism.org/icconline/201603/13879/max-raphael-and-marxist-perspective-art-part-2. Part one, a general analysis of art, can be found on the same website..

infektfm

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by infektfm on April 11, 2016

I like art. But I hate museums. Unfortunately, in our age, that's where you have to go to see art. But I always feel like its a little bit of an overload. There are too many works, too close together, everywhere you look. Its a little numbing and I can't appreciate any single work as much as I should be able to. Though this may just be an issue with my attention span.

Zeronowhere

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Zeronowhere on April 11, 2016

Art is mostly loud noises in lieu of just saying something when given the chance. In most other arts, it might be taken for granted that most of it isn't that good, but art takes on a sense of generic acceptability - well, old visual art - because it seems to be at the least not making explicit statements and condemning you. This, however, is mediocre, and should generally not be taken as positive appeal, putting down both the artist and the potentials of the thing. In any case, it seems generally accurate that, bad faith aside, a brief sketch by someone with something to say will be better than any elaborate works, and most in galleries, making them seem somewhat redundant on the one hand (heh), but in general because art is a lower field than such and can only aspire to what is higher if it is to be better, as it were. Galleries are generally a host of artworks treated indifferently and thrown together as if none will get in the way of the other, which they usually don't.

That said, Andrea Camassei has a few decent paintings, and Tintoretto could also be decent. While the general problem of religious art in such contexts was that the artist had to be hidden compared to the religious content external to them, as such that Tintoretto and such tended to impose themselves quite fervently over such things might imply a less religious impulse. In addition, if you tinted most paintings red, they might come to resemble a Tintoretto, weirdly. The fact that the watcher was supposed to relate to the Jesus-figure generally makes the darker stylings come off as slightly hollow as well. Nonetheless, they do stand out somewhat from the usual run of paintings at the time. Most 'darker stylings' in art tend to amount to something along the lines of the 'Hunger Games,' so no doubt he at least aspired to something higher, as many artists it may be noted do not.

Standfield

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Standfield on April 12, 2016

infektfm

I like art. But I hate museums. Unfortunately, in our age, that's where you have to go to see art. But I always feel like its a little bit of an overload. There are too many works, too close together, everywhere you look. Its a little numbing and I can't appreciate any single work as much as I should be able to. Though this may just be an issue with my attention span.

I kind of agree, but for different reasons. I think museums are generally too sparse. I don't know where you're from, but if you take the Tate Modern for example, it's just too empty, which is a crime considering they've got 3 times the amount of work in storage, that the taxpayer can't see without endless requests. It's filled with empty walls - and they're building an extension! I'd like to see it spread out into the "provinces" to get better access for people who can't travel to London every week, but that's a debate that's been going on for donkeys years now. Plus, museums are quite a modern concept, generally set up by the rich for their own benefit - tax breaks - or prestige. Galleries and corporate exhibitions are worse, mind. Elitist, intimidating white cubed showrooms, light bouncing everywhere, filled with conceptual shit that is so deeply entrenched I can't see an end to it. Outside of museums and galleries, "public art" is generally a load of patronising crap, part of urban renewal plans put in place by councils who haven't grasped that people don't really need a lump of titanium in their town square.

Saying that, as a poor, bitter oil painter, I love art. Just like everything else though, it's poisoned by the industry, education especially.

On a positive note, for those in Melbourne, I recently saw an well made, powerful and contemporary bronze sculpture, titled Courage by William Eicholtz, near the Fitzroy Town Hall. While sat in the park I saw a few people stop in their tracks and give it a good study - it's a rare thing.

I'll also echo Baboon's sentiment about the Lascaux caves - incredible. I've been lucky enough to see some cave art in France, and it's a feeling I'll never forget.

My favourite gallery is the Collection de l'art Brut in Lausanne, Switzerland. I've made the trip from London three times now, just for that. Incredible, very, very powerful. I could spend days in there.

Finally, I believe Paula Rego is the best living artist, perhaps the best in the last 50 years or so, at least of the one's who "made it". Very powerful and beautiful, with subtle, dark narratives. Like Robert Hughes once said, "If there's more than two people in a Rego painting, you can be sure that something bad is about to happen to at least one of them".

fidel gastro

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by fidel gastro on April 13, 2016

Stuckism in Art History with Charles Thomson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo-7v0wtAEE

Billy Childish interview with the Guardian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sWHjwJwah8

fidel gastro

7 years 11 months ago

Noah Fence

Hell yes!

From teenager I've always admired the art of Gee Vaucher but never really got art apart from that. Then when I was in my mid thirties I went to Florence and visited the galleries there more out of interest for architecture than the paintings. Then when I saw the religious art, Botticelli etc, I was just struck dumb by it! It really got in amongst me, like super emotional. After that I started eating it up, all the old masters stuff Turner, Claude etc. then I found the Pre-Raphealites and finally the Dutch masters, particularly the interiors. December 2014 I shelled out 500 quid to go to The Hague and see all the Dutch stuff and then became ill a few days before and couldn't go. I'm determined to get there somehow one day.
I like some modern conceptual stuff too especially Bill Drummond but really I'm quite conservative - it's the old guys with exquisite skills that get to me the most. Many a tear has fallen from my eye looking at this stuff.

Gee Vaucher is brilliant. Emma Pugmire is another female artist I like, she is a Stuckist and an anti-capitalist, theres also Ella Guru. Other Stuckists I like are Wolf Howard, Philip Absolon and Eamon Everall and my girlfriend likes Sue Kreitzman.

fidel gastro

7 years 11 months ago

red and black riot

Noah Fence

Hell yes!

Gee Vaucher is brilliant. Emma Pugmire is another female artist I like, she is a Stuckist and an anti-capitalist, theres also Ella Guru. Other Stuckists I like are Wolf Howard, Philip Absolon and Eamon Everall and my girlfriend likes Sue Kreitzman.

fidel gastro

7 years 11 months ago

http://emmapugmire.deviantart.com/gallery/

Auld-bod

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Auld-bod on April 13, 2016

Many years ago, in Warwick University (I think) was an exhibition of photomontages by the Dadaist Hanna Hoch. The Whitechapel gallery held an exhibition in 2014. I was sorry to miss it. Her work is well worth seeking out. It makes you think, “Why didn’t I think of that!” (A bit like when you first see Picasso’s bicycle seat & handlebars.)

Note: her entry in Wikipedia is very poor, whoever wrote it appears more interested in her love life.

freemind

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by freemind on April 13, 2016

I like Lowry,Monet and Impressionism,Flávio Constantini,Gee Vaucher,Picasso and the Propaganda Art of the Spanish Revolution which I'm not sure how you would characterise?Abstract or Cubist perhaps?

Amiri Barksdale

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Amiri Barksdale on April 13, 2016

No mention of the most popular art---music?

Serge Forward

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Serge Forward on April 13, 2016

That's already got its own 'what you listening to' thread.

Cooked

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Cooked on April 13, 2016

infektfm

But I hate museums. Unfortunately, in our age, that's where
you have to go to see art. But I always feel like its a little bit of an
overload. There are too many works...

Yeah we live in the age of megamuseums. I belive there's been a massive move
towards huge institutions recently. Partly because huge institutions can
borrow art from other huge institutions/the mega rich and afford the
insurance, the bureacracy and the air quality. Another centralising
business... no surprise there.

I rarely enjoy the half day in a megamuseum experience but if they are free as
some are in London it's nice to pop in to see a few specific artworks.
Over a few years you might end up looking at most of them.

I also think the commercial galleries are quite good at showing art. They
don't do it to sell art but to keep their artists. If they don't do exhibtions
the artists will go elsewhere. The sales happen in private viewing rooms.

So the big evil gallerists like Gagosian, Hauser and Wirth etc. can imho do
quite good shows. You have to be able to ignore the attempts they make to keep
the rabble out via poshness cues though...

Stansfield: rubbishing conceptual art is rubbish! There's lots of good art in
that category.

Auld Bod: I googled Hanna Höch which looked very good. More beautiful
that most collage and good ideas.

Standfield

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Standfield on April 14, 2016

Cooked

Stansfield: rubbishing conceptual art is rubbish! There's lots of good art in
that category.

Go on then, try me!

Edit: Saying that I'd rather walk around a conceptual exhibition then go see anything by the Stuckists. *ducks*

Edit #2: Actually I take that back. Stuckists win on penalties, 1-0, after all the players have had ten chances each to score and everyone's gone home.

Standfield

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Standfield on April 14, 2016

freemind

...Propaganda Art of the Spanish Revolution which I'm not sure how you would characterise?Abstract or Cubist perhaps?

I'd say it was quite Futurist in character.

fidel gastro

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by fidel gastro on April 16, 2016

Auld-bod

Many years ago, in Warwick University (I think) was an exhibition of photomontages by the Dadaist Hanna Hoch. The Whitechapel gallery held an exhibition in 2014. I was sorry to miss it. Her work is well worth seeking out. It makes you think, “Why didn’t I think of that!” (A bit like when you first see Picasso’s bicycle seat & handlebars.)

Note: her entry in Wikipedia is very poor, whoever wrote it appears more interested in her love life.

Hannah Hoch is awesome. Agree with you about the wiki page.

fidel gastro

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by fidel gastro on April 20, 2016

Ernst Ludwig Kirchner's work was also very good in my opinion. A shame he had such a troubled life https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Ludwig_Kirchner

Pennoid

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Pennoid on April 21, 2016

I am moved mostly by my truck.

Noah Fence

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on April 21, 2016

Pennoid

I am moved mostly by my truck.

My gran was mostly moved by prune juice!

factvalue

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by factvalue on April 21, 2016

Zeronowhere

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Zeronowhere on April 21, 2016

Harmonie Forrest

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Harmonie Forrest on April 24, 2016

Yes, I appreciate arts and have high respect to artists whatever platform they use.

gram negative

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by gram negative on April 24, 2016

Noah Fence

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on April 24, 2016

gram negative

Woah! What is this?

gram negative

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by gram negative on April 24, 2016

the blind girl, by john everett millais. pre-raphealite.

here's another from the same school by william holman hunt

Noah Fence

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on April 24, 2016

Thanks, I'm surprised I haven't seen these before. Very beautiful and thought provoking.

cactus9

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by cactus9 on April 24, 2016

I really like art, I was going to say I'm not usually very moved by art but actually thinking about it I probably am often moved by artworks I really like.

I generally like twentieth century art.

There's a video by an artist called Pipilotti Rist called I'm not the girl who misses much, that I find quite moving.

Recently I have started getting into very old artworks and they move me, that people so many years ago living in totally different societies still made artworks, whether that's ancient Egypt or prehistoric or whatever.

I mean, I really love art but the point of art is not always to move us, it can be to make us think or other things.

Auld-bod

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Auld-bod on April 25, 2016

I was glad to see that an exhibition of Alberto Giacometti’s sculptural figures and painted portraits was opening within a reasonable distance of me. Unfortunately the tickets are twelve quid each, with no re-admittance.

I was told a story by an arts tutor at the Lanchester in Coventry. One day an art collector opened his door to find Giacometti wanting entrance. He explained that he’d come to finish the painting that had been purchased several years before. Giacometti had been troubled by this, and although assured by the owner who was very pleased with his painting, insisted on his right to complete the work. Bemused the owner relented and presently was given the ‘finished’ work. It had been completely reworked. He loved the new painting, though was glad he had photographed the ‘original’.

mikail firtinaci

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by mikail firtinaci on April 26, 2016

Apparently Stendhal did, intensely:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stendhal_syndrome

And Freud was always fascinated by this:

https://www.college.columbia.edu/core/content/moses-michelangelo-1513-15

elraval2

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by elraval2 on April 26, 2016

I've become increasingly interested in so-called Art Naïve. I suppose Henri Rousseau is the most well-known exponent of this genre, however I like a lot of South American works.

I think the most intense experience I've had concerning painting was seeing a piece by Cézanne. It felt like I had stared at it for an hour. I was exhausted afterwards.

elraval2

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by elraval2 on April 26, 2016

Sleeper

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on April 30, 2016

I would recommend Sophie Taeuber-Arp - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Taeuber-Arp

Both Hannah and Sophie were incredible artists in that they broke through the gender inbalance, but were incredible anyway. Sophie's work is wonderful.

Auld-bod

Sleeper

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on April 30, 2016

http://www.moma.org/collection/works/38360?locale=en

http://www.moma.org/collection/works/80537?locale=en

Auld-bod

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Auld-bod on May 1, 2016

This is an example of an art work producing a creative ricochet.
The poem was inspired by Marcel Duchamp’s painting of the same title.

Nude Descending a Staircase

Toe upon toe, a snowing flesh,
A gold of lemon, root and rind,
She sifts in sunlight down the stairs
With nothing on. Nor on her mind.

We spy beneath the banister
A constant thresh of thigh on thigh –
Her lips imprint the swinging air
That parts to let her parts go by.

One-woman waterfall, she wears
Her slow descent like a long cape
And pausing, on the final stair
Collects her motions into shape.

X.J. Kennedy

Sleeper

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on May 1, 2016

Sophie Taeuber-Arp - One-of-the-most-important-female-artists-youve-never-heard of

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/google-doodle/12106374/Who-was-Sophie-Taeuber-Arp-One-of-the-most-important-female-artists-youve-never-heard-of.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aubette_%28building%29

fidel gastro

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by fidel gastro on May 2, 2016

http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/burra-the-snack-bar-t03051

http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/burra-harlem-n05004

A couple of Edward Burra's paintings.

fidel gastro

7 years 11 months ago

Submitted by fidel gastro on May 2, 2016

Sleeper

Sophie Taeuber-Arp - One-of-the-most-important-female-artists-youve-never-heard of

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/google-doodle/12106374/Who-was-Sophie-Taeuber-Arp-One-of-the-most-important-female-artists-youve-never-heard-of.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aubette_%28building%29

Interesting, thankyou for posting.

Simon Watson

7 years 10 months ago

Submitted by Simon Watson on May 8, 2016

Check out Rob and Roberta Smith too if you're not already acquainted. Billy Childish publishes his stuff.

Noah Fence

7 years 10 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on May 8, 2016

Sleeper

Paul Klee. Departure of the Ships.

I framed up a Klee and put it on my wall, I'm looking at it now. It's fab. I'd take a picture and post it but I can't figure out how to posts pictures. Anyone?

Sleeper

7 years 10 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on May 15, 2016

I went to FACT in Liverpool today to see a multi-media art piece by Japanese artist Ryoichi Kurokawa

This groundbreaking, cross-disciplinary exhibition will be Japanese artist Ryoichi Kurokowa’s first UK solo show and will bring together the fields of art and science.

Astrophysicists at the Research Institute into the Fundamental Laws of the Universe (CEA Irfu, Paris-Saclay) have granted Kurokawa the unique opportunity to explore data taken from giant molecular clouds in space - data which may hold the secrets behind the birth of stars. Using these previously undocumented findings, Kurokawa has developed a new body of work, unfold. The exhibition at FACT marks the world premiere of bringing this data to life. 

New commission, unfold, explores the birth and evolution of stars offering viewers an artistic, yet scientific, representation of how the solar system was born, and how our galaxy might evolve. Kurokawa will construct his vision of a molecular cloud as close as possible to the scientific truth using striking 3D representations of space, combined with interpretations of how star clusters form within the cloud until the birth of sun-like stars.

This new project will be presented as a large scale multi-screen and surround sound work in Gallery 1, as well as other iterations throughout the FACT building and surrounding area. Cutting edge audiovisual technology will be used to enhance the artist’s breath-taking reimagining of scientific data and its accompanying soundscape.

This exhibition marks the outcome of a period of extensive research from Ryoichi Kurokawa, in collaboration with Vincent Minier, astrophysicist at CEA Irfu, Paris Saclay.

There's a preview here well worth a look. It's free entry so enjoy!

Ryoichi Kurokawa: Unfold - http://www.fact.co.uk/projects/ryoichi-kurokawa-unfold.aspx?when=today

FACT - http://www.fact.co.uk/

Khawaga

7 years 9 months ago

Submitted by Khawaga on June 4, 2016

Noah, the easiest would be to upload it to an image hosting site to get a unique URL and then use the image tag.

Sleeper, thanks for posting that Klee image. I didn't know he could be so dark. Also reminds me a bit of Suprematism, which I really like.

Gulai Polye

7 years 9 months ago

Submitted by Gulai Polye on June 4, 2016

Yeah, this one moved me a lot
[youtube]QAD0BtEv6-Q[/youtube]

Sleeper

7 years 9 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on June 11, 2016

Afro Supa Hero

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/ism/exhibitions/afro-supa-hero/

Schmoopie

7 years 9 months ago

Submitted by Schmoopie on June 11, 2016

Capital encourages any writing, speaking and drawing as long as these artistic products remain in the domain of representation of what is lived, of the spectacle, without ever breaking through the barriers towards the transformation of life. Within these limits, these products are no more than commodities like any other.

From Thesis 42, Theses of Programmatical Orientation: ICG

wayne1619

7 years 9 months ago

Submitted by wayne1619 on June 12, 2016

The Whitechapel gallery held an exhibition in 2014. I was sorry to miss it.

Schmoopie

7 years 9 months ago

Submitted by Schmoopie on June 12, 2016

The Whitechapel gallery an exhibition in 2014. I was sorry to miss it.

I saw a nice exhibition of Leger at the Whitechapel Gallery. Lots of men on scaffolds. Good light in the gallery.

potrokin

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by potrokin on December 2, 2016

Billy Childish vs Dr X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdLqi-dKSoU
[youtube]xdLqi-dKSoU[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_CZ3Z0VkaQ
[youtube]L_CZ3Z0VkaQ[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4o9dVfHUKk
[youtube]X4o9dVfHUKk[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIqnKnHFXcM
[youtube]uIqnKnHFXcM[/youtube]

potrokin

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by potrokin on December 2, 2016

Art and Anarchist Studies (Michael Paraskos)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHTq7tWQVrI
[youtube]qHTq7tWQVrI[/youtube]

Noah Fence

7 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on December 2, 2016

Noah, the easiest would be to upload it to an image hosting site to get a unique URL and then use the image tag.

Khwaga, I missed this reply somehow but thanks anyway. The thing is, have you any idea how complicated that sounds to me? I think the easiest thing would be that if anyone wants to see my Klee print they should PM me and then I'll give them my address and they can come round and have a look!!!