So I'm working on a video about workplace organizing for my youtube channel and I want a list of resources to recommend to whoever watches.
Comment with your resource recommendations.
Here's what I have so far:
• Look up your local IWW branch and see if they’re doing Organizer 101 training workshop https://www.iww.org/branches
• “Weakening the Dam” a workplace organizing guide by the IWW https://www.iww.org/history/library/branches/TwinCitiesGMB/weakining_the_dam
• Libcom.org’s Workplace Organising guide http://libcom.org/organise/workplace
• How To Unionize Your Workplace (video by Another Slice) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvrldZlUwe0
• Wages So Low You’ll Freak (book by Mike Puddn’head) https://libcom.org/library/wages-so-low-youll-freak-mike-puddnhead
• Organizing Work website https://organizing.work
• Fighting For Ourselves (book by Solidarity Federation) https://libcom.org/library/fighting-ourselves-anarcho-syndicalism-class-struggle-solidarity-federation
• Rusty’s Rules of Order https://www.vancouveriww.org/rustys-rules-of-order/
What's your opinion on whether I should add these resources to the list....?
• "A Troublemaker’s Handbook 2" by Labor Notes (?)
(I read it long ago and remember it had lots of really useful advice, but I also remember there being criticisms I just can't remember what they are.)
• Jane McAlevey, long-time union organizer, her book “No Shortcuts” and/or the videos on her website (?)
(I haven't read her book or had time to watch her videos, yet, but I've heard good things about her. I've also heard criticisms.)
• Other resource recommendations?
• I remember hearing that Solidarity Federation does its own Organizer Training workshop, similar (but unique) to the one by the IWW. Is this still the case? (Or was it some other UK group that did this workshop and I'm mixing them up? Is there any group besides the IWW that offers workplace organizer training?)