Claassens NSW RTBU (Rail Tram & Bus Union) Deed with NSW Liberal Premier Perrottet: Sellout on Enterprise Bargain Agreement (similar to a contract), Driver Only Operation on New Intercity Train Fleet (NIF) & Privatisation! Let's see the deed!
SPARKS BULLETIN DEC. 2022 www.sparksweb.org PO Box 92 Broadway 2007 NSW
CLAASSENS DEED WITH PERROTTET: SELLOUT ON EBA, DOO ON NIF & PRIVATISATION! LET'S SEE THE DEED!
There is an urgent need for RTBU members in the NSW Railways and in particular train crews to be provided access to a full copy of the deed – regarding renovations on the NIF (New Intercity Fleet), with adequate time for consideration of the document and assessment by an industrial lawyer and ratification by voting. New information has been leaked about some serious and completely unacceptable nasties in the deed. What are the other nasties?
Some news in WSWS report 28/11/22:
1. According to the union, the new fleet will be pressed into service even before the alterations are made, under an “interim operating model” requiring two guards on each train. Hypocritically Claassens has stated in the media on numerous occasions that the NIF are unsafe to operate without the renos!
2. The agreement has only guaranteed the positions of guards and other workers on the NIF for four years.
3. Other information received is bribery of guards with $14,000 for sitting in the non-functioning guards' compartment on non-renovated NIF trains. Approved by management and the RTBU officials. Again shows the hypocrisy of Claassens and other RTBU officials regarding the above safety concerns with the NIF.
Will workers voting for the new EBA (Enterprise Bargain Agreement) amount to approving the deed? Has Claassens agreed for the deed not to be ratified by members voting? Similar to the 'top secret' MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) on DOO on NIF back in early 2017. If we can't get the deed now it will be buried like the MOU! Are there conditions in the deed which are illegal? In the deed is there agreement to privatisation by RTBU Sec. Claassens? This deed is totally linked to the EBA and fake pay rises according to media reports. So called wage rises as part of the Rail EBA to be 'Arbitrated' by the Bosses Un-Fair Work Court are likely to be way below rates of current inflation. Are there further wage cut backs associated with the 'fine print' of clauses? Are there aspects of privatisation such as outsourcing of jobs? Is your pay further cut by legislated increases in Superannuation payments? Is this deed in breach of union rules?
Is the sudden alleged 'break through' in the rail EBA negotiations connected with camouflage for the rigging of RTBU elections 2022 to get Claassens and his team back in as ring masters of this vicious rail EBA circus? (See “RTBU Elections 2018: Were they rigged?” Page 5. Sparks No.161 Dec.2018 – Jan. 2019 www.sparksweb.org) Will this deed be an issue for ICAC - bribery and inducement of a union official to sign the deed?
1. A copy of the full deed document be placed on the RTBU web site for all members to view.
2. Four weeks are allowed for RTBU train crew members to consider the deed before a stop work mass meeting is held to debate and vote to ratify the deed.
3. Four weeks are allowed for RTBU members in NSW railways affected to consider the full rail EBA docs and a stop work mass meeting is held to debate and vote on it.
https://www.smh.com.au 25/11/22 NSW Transport Minister David Elliott said the government and rail union had reached a breakthrough on Friday afternoon
https://www.abc.net.au 25/11/22 rail-chaos-set-end-after...NSW government, rail union sign a deal paving way for end to ...
25/11/22 The Transport Minister David Elliott says the agreement reached with the union is a win for Sydney commuters. (ABC News).
Rail strikes to end as NSW govt makes deal - Yahoo Finance
25/11/22 The NSW government has finally carved out a deal with the rail union to ... Minister Damien Tudehope and Transport Minister David Elliott.