An issue of anarcho-syndicalist magazine Direct Action from the year 2000, with a theme of management.
- Inhuman Resources: The last two decades have seen an explosion in Human Resource Management. Behind all the teamwork talk and management training courses lurks a smiling monster.
- Management take-over: Universities used to be collegiate, well-meaning and politely run (sic). Now, those nasty captains of capitalism have taken the helm. The managers have arrived.
Fat Cats in sheep’s clothing.
New Labour means monkey business. Asylum Actions.
In the trough. 58 Dead? – no, over 2000.
Pride and prejudice. Birmingham action against capitalism.
Sidelines: New Labour, Cheap labour; Slam Islam; Lesbian Avengers; Desperate destruction; Mobile update; Lindo family; Shopping Asda; Safe criminals; Political parenting; Oil slaves; Solidarity appeal.
- Naff off NAFTA: The GM food fight; one battle in war for corporate dominance.
- Organsnatchers: The ultimate logic of capitalism is that to survive, you must find something to sell. Even if it is your body parts.
- international news: Canada, Korea, USA, Ireland, Czech Republic, Colombia, South Africa, West Bank, Mexico, Bolivia.
- 'NASS'ty, brutish & short-changed: Essential guide to the new National Asylum Support Service (NASS). Plus; where it leaves asylum seekers and the pro-asylum resistance.
- Miscarriage or travesty? Miscarriages of justice - still being ‘defended’ by the incompetent forces of law and order. Plus; Justice for Mark Barnsley.
- globalfocus: Another midsummer murder- Who was Shaka Sankofa and why did the US state kill him?
- Getting personal: gay politics in Britain after the Clause 28 debacle.
- notes+letters: Monkey business; Millennium dome; Tribute to Jim Allen.
- ideas for change Self-management; Creating a self-managed society goes beyond mere democracy.
- mismanagement reviews
The Couriers are Revolting! History of the Despatch Industry Workers Union
1989-92 - Des Patchrider.
Beaten Up, Fitted Up, Locked Up! Mark Barnsley & ‘The Pomona Incident’ - A Miscarriage of Justice.
- music and festival reviews: FREE MUMIA ABU-JAMAL compilation, The Big Green Gathering.
- periodical reviews: Lobster, Index On Censorship.
- book reviews: Michael G Smith: Language and Power in the Creation of the USSR, 1917-1953, The Ingerland factor. Home truths from football Edited by Mark Perryman.
- Anarchism vs. Marxism: Economic theory and the reality of everyday life; anatomy of a 150-year feud.