Anarcho-syndicalist magazine published by the Solidarity Federation. This issue's theme is social democracy and the Labour Party.
- Democracy & violence: 2004 update - It is an old joke that any country that puts democratic in its name isn’t - a look at the boys in blue and other not-so-friendly faces of modern western democracy.
- Not the alternative: Social Democracy & the myth of the Left.
- GM crop failure - government ploughs on... Despite these reports, Blair still appears bent on doing the bidding of the GM corporations.
- Retina cheques: ID cards - from fiasco to reality.
- Heavy metal workers; Menwith Hill
- Hurricane DAN; DSEI London
- Mad Pride
- On the edge: Labour-tories; Rubbish wasters; Beyond shameful; Letters from hometown soldiers; Who needs spelling?; Bent coppers; Asylum appeal
- international news: India, Uganda, Belize, US, Scotland, South Korea, Burma, Australia, France, Nigeria, Bangladesh.
- globalfocus: No peace in La Paz, South America is still kicking off; reports from Bolivia, Mexico, Colombia, and Guatemala.
- Social Democracy >>>Dead Or Alive? Free markets - enslaved world; and the nails in the coffin of social democracy.
- Castles, homes & Englishfolk: Home ownership and other home lies.
- Dis-Connexions: New Labour’s Connexions scheme exposed.
- Inside English supermax: Robbie Stewart points out that the Close Supervision Centres have never been a success and never will.
- notes+letters - Resist Wal-Mart; Intro to the future.
- review features
A Day Mournful And Overcast - by an ‘uncontrollable’ from the Iron Column
Direct Action - Emile Pouget
Under The Yoke of the State - Dawn Collective
Streetcore: Joe Strummer
- book reviews
The Good Shopping Guide - ECRA
From Homebreakers to Jailbreakers- Rahila Gupta
Eco-economy - Lester Brown
Tomorrow’s Energy - Peter Hoffman
- film reviews
Rabbit-proof Fence - Philip Noyce
Jeremy Hardy vs. the Israeli Army - Leila Sansour
- music reviews
The Executioner’s Last Songs vols. 2 & 3 - Jon Langford & the Pine Valley Cosmonauts
You can’t keep a good band down - Randy
- Biting the hand we feed: RIP welfare state - and voting won’t bring it back. Analysis of how we got here, and the lowdown on why.
- DA resources: Info., upcoming events, campaigns, friends & neighbours